What's it worth??

-

scooby67

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just purchased this 64 Valiant off of Craigslist. I know tha car's past 2 owners. Older build. 340, fender well headers, mini tubs, straight pattern manual 727, 83/4 Suregrip, frame connectors, fuel cell, very nice paint and interior. Has sat for 2 years and just needs to be cleaned up. What would you pay for it??

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/4946745956.html

my appraisal fee is $500, I take paypal!??? LOL

looks like a nice car, and if true to form , he spent a lot more $$$ (and maybe time) on it than you paid for, but that's the present market and its good if buying. ( like that personally). I will give you atta boys for buying nice car, if what you want is some conversation, I will say, not everyone wants a early A body hotrod. some people will go nuts over it being a 63 and a post car. some the red, some not like the built up motor and fuel cell. does it run 11's or 14's???

I need better pics and info my me to earn my $500 fee. makes big differenec to some people if its a 20-20 car, or some guy spent $7000 on body work!?? LOL

I like it, and if I bought the same car out of Mo Ok Ks, it would probably bring 50% less than what you paid for it there.

as they say, if the seller gets anything over the price of scrape, then its doe to salesmanship!! LOL

stroker?? I peg the price you paid at $8000. here its $4000. I will send my address for my fee..... LOL

Looking at allot of work, that 727 was not an easy inplant, the tunnel would have had to be smoothed out to make room for it , mini tubs and the 340 was a big expense..along with the 8 3/4 rearend, Nice early A for sure, sorry :color: can not say how much it's worth, but I see some $$$$ has been put into it, congratulations :cheers:

How long has the air cleaner been off? I see it in the truck with dust on it.

What does a 'built transmission' mean? Is it in the car, or assembled and ready to install, or ?

The seller's ad was very misleading. First off, he had the wrong year. He was not a Mopar guy. The car is all together and complete. Just needs to be cleaned up and a new dual exhaust system fabbed up in place of the crappy glass packs. A few other odds and ends.
To be honest, I bought the car because I was familiar with it and it was local. My plan is to clean it up and sell it, since I already have 2 other Mopars and definitely do not have the room for another.

How long has the air cleaner been off? I see it in the truck with dust on it.

The car sat for 2 years. I rescued it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 163
Without receipts for a the work that's been done, it's a hard sell to someone looking to buy it if you want the real value! No telling what's in the motor, "built trans" means nothing, and anybody looking to run it is gonna want to know what kind of package was put together! Is there any paper with the car at all you can share with us to make a more informed appraisal!!

The car sat for 2 years. I rescued it!

I am guessing here, and my guess is based on the fact that the car has paint on it, and I assume that it runs and drives. I would say for a classic car like the one in this pic, I would ask 10 grand and let them talk me down I wouldn't let it go for less than 8 grand. I know the cost and labor of taking a car and making it look good and get it running and driving. For those that have the money, it is nicer than buying a basket case for two grand and starting down that long restoration road.

It's worth what you paid for it.

This is probably the best and most correct answer. it is along the lines of "it is worth what someone is willing to pay". If you were to flip the car, you would have to take it to Carlisle or someplace like that. There are people walking around with pockets full of money there.

Thanks for your input, guys. Much appreciated. After I clean it up and and do a few odds and ends to it, I will advertise it here for sale and hopefully a member will buy it to enjoy!

-
Back