What's it worth?

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a guy offering me his project car. Not sure of the value or demand for something like this. Minimal rust. , engine is supposed to run by pouring fuel down its throat!. Brakes need bled!.
Original paint and interior. 318 poly more door
IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1584.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg
IMG_1585.jpg

Last edited:
Those forward look cars can get expensive but it is a more door, and I would have to deduct a few $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for those seat covers and door panels!!!
Ya should have brought it by the house!!!

Those forward look cars can get expensive but it is a more door, and I would have to deduct a few $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for those seat covers and door panels!!!
Ya should have brought it by the house!!!
Guy says it's a Texas car !. Floors and trunk floor are all solid ! That's the original interior! And paint. What do you think you would offer for it ?

If you LIKE it and would like to mess around with it for a summer or 3, then offer what it would be worth to you for the fun and adventure. If you are looking to flip for a profit, better research a bit. Personally, I like it ! Is it a '60 Phoenix ?

If you LIKE it and would like to mess around with it for a summer or 3, then offer what it would be worth to you for the fun and adventure. If you are looking to flip for a profit, better research a bit. Personally, I like it ! Is it a '60 Phoenix ?
That's what I was kinda thinkin. Fix it up to drive it to some cruises and then sell it after the fun wears off ! But don't want to over pay and not recoupe !

That's what I was kinda thinkin. Fix it up to drive it to some cruises and then sell it after the fun wears off ! But don't want to over pay and not recoupe !
about 5 years ago my wife and I almost bought a '61 Phoenix. Good shape, 4 dr, ran and drove nice. 361 motor. The asking price was 3500.00. I offered 3200.00, they said no. I don't know what 5 years has done to the market. I also know the one we looked at was a good runner and driver. Maybe this will help with your offer.

Guy says it's a Texas car !. Floors and trunk floor are all solid ! That's the original interior! And paint. What do you think you would offer for it ?
But, for eample, I have a 64 more door Belvedere poly 318 car, drive anywhere, with fresh paint and tires windshield and back glass and gaskets, and some new interior I have for sale at $5200 and not one looker!!!
That big sucker looks solid and cool!!!

But, for eample, I have a 64 more door Belvedere poly 318 car, drive anywhere, with fresh paint and tires windshield and back glass and gaskets, and some new interior I have for sale at $5200 and not one looker!!!
That big sucker looks solid and cool!!!
Thanks Barbee, That's what I was afraid of. The guys is asking $4500. It needs some work, probably way more than he tells. Brakes, fuel system some rust at the 1/4s & headlight area. Total clean up under the hood.
Probably never get your money back out of it. I think I'll stick with A bodies. Or Bs

I think I’d pay that for it if I was to keep it. I have a 59 4dr Fury and I call it my fun car…Fins are cool

Thanks Barbee, That's what I was afraid of. The guys is asking $4500. It needs some work, probably way more than he tells. Brakes, fuel system some rust at the 1/4s & headlight area. Total clean up under the hood.
Probably never get your money back out of it. I think I'll stick with A bodies. Or Bs
The "Christine" type of Ply and Dodges of the 57, 8 era TWO doors are hot. But they are extremely expensive to restore to any degree. Those are best sold as projects to someone wanting to own one.
I traded a $500 Volare wagon for mine running good with a new AMD floor pan and pretty solid body. I was going to part it and put that engine in a 62 more door Dart but I could not bear to part such a solid and good car even if it is a more door. (I sold the 62 Dart to a guy from Pa couple week ago). The glass was out and got busted on that bad stretch of I-10!!
Mopar More doors just are a hard sell, but runners should get attention. I like my 64 Bel. and should always be worth minimum of what I have in it as far as parts/materials. How many running solid 64 Bel more door projects can a guy find for $500 now days!????:lol::BangHead:

I'm gonna pass on this car ! If anyone is interested in it PM me and I can give you the guys #. The car is in S/W Florida. His asking price is $4500. with a little wiggle room , he said !

I have a guy offering me his project car. Not sure of the value or demand for something like this. Minimal rust. , engine is supposed to run by pouring fuel down its throat!. Brakes need bled!.
Original paint and interior. 318 poly more door
View attachment 1715826759 View attachment 1715826760 View attachment 1715826761 View attachment 1715826762 View attachment 1715826763
I think it looks great!!!! I had a 1960 Dodge Dart convertibleI bought it in 1963 or 64 for $800.00 loved the car drove it for 2 years and gave it to my younger brother when I went in the Navy.he drove it for another 2 or 3 years then got a new car so it just sat in our yard. When I got home it was rusted away pretty bad so I just junked it. I think you would be happy with it. Has to be getting a lot of looks and comments as you drive it around.

-
Back