Whats Quieter?

-

megacab

Leglhi
Reaction score
Anybody on here familar with dynomax ultraflo's?I'm trying to decide between the oval or rounds.Im not sure which ones are quieter.I know both will be loud in 3 inch,but im thinking maybe the ovals wouldnt be quite as loud?Their going to be ran all the way out to the bumper with an x pipe to try and help.The cars going in this Saturday so im searching for the answer.Also was thinking flowmaster even though everyone has them.

Go with the ovals as they will sound really sweet. The round or bullet ones are race only if you ask me. VERY LOUD!!!!

I have 2.5" oval Ultraflows on my Duster and really like them. They flow excellent and have a great performance sound. They aren't annoying like Flowmaster 40's.

headlinerproject64Valiant026Small.jpg

Anybody on here familar with dynomax ultraflo's?I'm trying to decide between the oval or rounds.Im not sure which ones are quieter.I know both will be loud in 3 inch,but im thinking maybe the ovals wouldnt be quite as loud?Their going to be ran all the way out to the bumper with an x pipe to try and help.The cars going in this Saturday so im searching for the answer.Also was thinking flowmaster even though everyone has them.

Oval mufflers will be quieter just because of the added volume,
and amount of sound deadning material that can be in the larger area.

If you want less "echo" inside the car, pull the bottom of the back seat up,
and add sound deadner under it, most Mopars are just Metal,
under the rear seat.
Heck even carpet padding will help, I also added carpet padding to the
trunk divider.I forgot to take a picture of the rear where the padding mostly is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10853500@N02/984521980/in/set-72157601167778597/

Damn MY340.I ordered the rounds lastnight.Wasnt sure and just took a guess.Didnt read this until right now,12:24 a.m. Cali time.I hope it's not too crazy but we'll see.It's going to be 1 7/8 TTi's into a 3 inch x-pipe,into two ultraflo's and all the way out the back.Right now i just have two 3 inch dynomax bullets bolted straight to the reducers.Gotta be quieter then that?Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the tip on the sound deadening.Wish i had a back seat lol.Not too worried about cabin noise as it really is a track car that i just want to occasionally take on the street.Just want to be somewhat quiet for the nieghbors.

-
Back