What's that stuff called.....

-

Small Block

Reaction score
......that ya paint around the ports on heads for marking out the guide lines. I've used it when porting for marking my limits but i cant for the life of me think of the name. Tune me up if you know. It's blue. Thanks guys
Small Block

We use a spray called Dykem Blue Layout Spray.Jayson

Jayson: You've got it. I've used the stuff you brush on with a small brush. I guess the spray would be fine. I need some so i'll be searching locally first. Thanks guys
Small Block

I prefer black marker, cheap, easy, and can be reapplied as fast as need be without using a brush.

Marking Dye. We use blue on fan/turbine blades that are blended on jet engines. I think Dykem is the brand.

Yep SB, I use Dykem Layout Dye Spray...I always use BLUE...its good for Intake Port Match porting, and a whole bunch of other port work.

I have a couple of blue magic markers I have been using for lapping valves and porting intakes, works well and is easy to find at thrift or art stores.

Interesting...May try the blue markers and see if i like em. Working on a set of 400 heads. I'm just playing in the shop. I think i'm going to have to fire up the air conditioner. Thanks guys
Small Block

-
Back