whats the 72 barracuda worth?

-

notamoparguy

Reaction score
k i got this 1972 barracuda. i have no idea what its worth. i've done some research. it is not a BS car but a BH. its in pretty good shape. its originally a 318 car. has a built 440 in it though. forged crank rods. think some head work and a big cam. there is hardly any rust on the car. the interior is perfect and everything works. also its an automatic. seems like the paint is kinda dull and could use a fresh coat but other then that its in great shape. no dents or scratchs. has a vinyl top though. even the spare tire is orignal white wall with the jack and everything it all looks brand new and never used. if i were to sell it what would it be worth the way it is? i'm hearing way to many opinions from people that are clueless...including myself. any help would be appreciated

i don't know how to add a picture. they are on my phone. any ideas? message me or something. i can send em threw wireless or if u can walk me threw postin them on here i'll try my best

Once you send them from your phone to your e-mail and save them, resize them. I use Microsoft picture manager to do this for proper size.

Then click "Advanced Reply" and look around.

I'm not walking you through this.

location may make a differance in price as well.

since you screen name is "notamoparguy" and you asking the value of a mopar, i'll give you $500 for it. LOL

maybe this will work

barracuda.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

yay i got it to work. its in charlotte north caroline. yah basically i just wanna know if i should just cruise it around as is or paint it up real nice and sell it? it looks decent. gf says she likes the used look...like the rat rods ya know? but i'm almost thinkin painted up it could fetch 15 grand or so? this plausible or pretty unrealistic? i'm thinkin 10 the way it sits...

If the paint can be saved and it is original paint it would be worth more without the repaint to some. I would get it apraised by someone familiar with these cars. I know they are the most desirable of mopars right now.

paint is def not orginal...unless they used red primer on these lol. and the hood has some hints underneath that it used to be light blue. like it was off a dif car or something.

If you say no rust....and I mean no rust....I can't tell cause the pics suck and I am not an appraiser by any means...But I do have an E-body and I know what I paid for mine...It is worth closer to 10 to 12 grand...... If it;s in the cond you say NO RUST You may hang on to it longer at that price, but thats what it worth to me.... I think you would be giving it away at 8500....and e-bodys or a-bodys are not rat rods....

We could use some serious pictures for this. Come on now, they were small to start and I enlarged them until they started to blur.

8500 isn't a bad price, but your asking us to suggest a price and you leave us leagallly blind in judgement of the pictures. Your asking us to name a price and we might be short selling your car for you.

HEY! Who said rat rod?!

like the rat rods ya know?

HEY! Who said rat rod?!

hahahhahahahahaha..... Just busting alittle.... Mines alittle ratty and needs a respray itself so I know where you are coming from...no harm..I still drive the wheel off it..But better pics would help..But i am still sticking to my figures and could go higher...

Oh yea, not busting balls, I would love to see this car pictured well!
My Cuda on the other hand looks very much like a "Who did it and ran of laffin!"

k i got this 1972 barracuda. i have no idea what its worth. i've done some research. it is not a BS car but a BH. its in pretty good shape. its originally a 318 car. has a built 440 in it though. forged crank rods. think some head work and a big cam. there is hardly any rust on the car. the interior is perfect and everything works. also its an automatic. seems like the paint is kinda dull and could use a fresh coat but other then that its in great shape. no dents or scratchs. has a vinyl top though. even the spare tire is orignal white wall with the jack and everything it all looks brand new and never used. if i were to sell it what would it be worth the way it is? i'm hearing way to many opinions from people that are clueless...including myself. any help would be appreciated

I paid $1,500 for my 1972 Barracuda, 318, auto, ralleys, gold white vinyl top, no rust. needed exhaust system ................................... UH ................... That was in 1976 ....................... but tell you what I'll match that on yours sight un seen. Current pits. will work fine.

Good Luck

Rate your own Barracuda

Old Car Price Guide 2/2008

#6 1,000
#5 3,000
#4 5,000
#3 11,250
#2 17,500
#1 25,000

now if it was a CUDA

#6 1,800
#5 5,400
#4 9.000
#3 20,250
#2 31,500
#1 45,000

Now since this is from 2008 before the crash and adjustment of the collector car market this can give you an Idea but my guess it is on the high side on the upper end. On the lower probably close even today.

So rate your own. Most of us like to think our car is a #1 trailer queen in perfect condition or #2 original or restored with little use needing nothing, but in reality they are #3. If it is still driveable but needing some major repair a 4 and complete needing total restoration a #5 and parts car a #6

Since this isn't an original and has some mods depending on the quality of the mods as to what it does to the value.

Good Luck and my offer stands ........................ LOL

-
Back