What's the best "late model" Engine swap?

-

JefftheComputerMan

Reaction score
I have a 76 318 that has multiple issues, what is the newest engine that will fit an ABody?

I like the older series small blocks.

318, 340, 360.

or a pre-magnum 360, where you can bolt on old LA style intakes and exhaust, but still have a roller cam. 88 - 91.

Or magnum, 92 and newer 360, but then you need to adapt it for the car (either carb or figure out the fuel injection for your car).

Like I said, I prefer the late 60's and 70's style myself...

Is there a 318-360 I can "find" with info like "a 19XX dodge dakota, diplomat, ramcharger, ect.."

Is there a 318-360 I can "find" with info like "a 19XX dodge dakota, diplomat, ramcharger, ect.."

I think that you just need to go by the casting dates on the blocks.

Anything in the late 80's should have been from a truck as the cars were 4 cyl and fwd...

I would say to pick a "vintage" that you are interested in and then go look for it.

If you buy an old 360 2 bbl and put 2.02" intake valves and a good 4 bbl on it, you can make a great runner.

magnum swap ain't all that different, mainly flex plate and intake that needs to be addressed, there the same engines Chrysler offered as the 300HP create engines just with a car oil pan, dress like an LA engine and a 4 bbl intake. Just add even a mild cam for a strong runner, factory one is pretty lame.
Just look up Magnum swap

-
Back