What's the biggest tire you can fit on a 73 swinger

-

383swinger

Reaction score
I have a 1973 swinger with a 83/4 stock a body width and stock tubs leaf springs moved 3"
Does any else have this combo or close to it and can tell me the biggest tire I can fit in the rear with stock tubs?
Thanks
Mopar or no car!

I don't have a dart but my friend does have a 69 and he fit a 255 I believe inthe stock tub wih out spring relocation .. So you can prolly get a 275 or bigger depending on the wheel specs

It was just painted beautiful sublime and I don't want to roll or cut the lip

Figure out what the most backpacking you can get it and then go from there.If you are running a 15 in wheels anything over a 275 is hard to find in a street tire mostly soft compound tire. you can always lift the back of the car a 1in and let about a 1in of tire stick out if needed.

You could run a 275 tire on a 15x8 rim with about 4.5bs and still be inside the wheel well.

Or

You could run a 305 315 tire on a 15x10in rim and have a little sticking out.

mini tubb it and measure from there...........Just Sayin...you can do that without harming the paint

Waggin! How you doing? Wish I was talented as you to be able to mini tub stuff .
Tom Hand

I don't need to go too big I just want to know if I could get at least a 10.5" tire under the stock tubs
I think that's enought I don't know the hp but I think it's around 500 11.5:1 compression roller everything don't know the specs of the cam but it is big!

I don't need to go too big I just want to know if I could get at least a 10.5" tire under the stock tubs
I think that's enought I don't know the hp but I think it's around 500 11.5:1 compression roller everything don't know the specs of the cam but it is big!

I have a 12.5 in tire sticking out alittle so you could get a 10.5 in there with some good mesements and rim choise.

qb_mine_dump_truck_tires.jpg

-
Back