Whats the correct mirror??

-

crashcaptn

1965 Dodge Dart GT
Reaction score
SO I’ve always known the mirror I have on my 65 dart was the incorrect mirror because I have the remote handle on the inside, but it doesn’t move the mirror.. and when you sit in the car, the wing window’s bar is right the way (cuts the mirror in half!) That, and looking at this:

SP_A0050.jpg

It made it obvious that someone in the past for whatever reason replaced the mirror. So I set out to find a replacement; and after looking at pictures, I could only find the non-remote mirror’s picture.. but never the remote mirror. After some research I found and purchased this mirror:

SP_A0046.jpg

After taking off this piece of junk mirror, I discovered the holes don’t match up whatsoever. SO I was wrong again. Does anyone out there know the correct mirror for a 1965 dodge dart GT? Can someone post a picture of what it looks like, or let me know where to find one? (BTW, if anyone wants a really nice driver replacement mirror that has perfect glass for a later 60s, early 70s Mopar, shoot me a line.. cause this mirror is useless to me, otherwise, back on ebay it’ll go.)

Here’s a larger picture of what I have now, which is old, made of crappy tin metal, and very very pitted:

SP_A0049.jpg

The correct mirror is called a dual post mirror.They came on 63-66 A-bodys.I dont have a pic,but it is pretty explanatory it has 2 post's.

From the looks of your pics,the dual post will not match the holes of your mystery mirror.Nothing that cant be fixed.

Hope this helps.

Might be interested in the remote mirror.
How much are you asking?
What kind of shape is the chrome?

Ive seen the dual post mirror, but is this a style of mirror that would have the ability to use the cable remote? i thought it was a manual mirror.

I bought it for about 25 bucks, so i guess id just wanna break even. we could figure in shipping of course. The chrome is very good, just needs to be polished out, and the glass is perfect. The only problem is the remote knob would have to be replaced. It for some reason is very badly rusted.

If you are looking for the correct remote mirror,look no further,you have it.
The mirror you have is for a 64-74.Hopefully it is a A-body mirror,which has shorter cable's than the E-body's & B-body's.

Looking at your pics,the mirror doesnt look like it is in the original holes.I could be wrong.

the mirror isnt in the correct holes at all. My problem is when i matched the new mirror to the holes that are there they do not stretch to any of the current holes.

(here is a shitty rendition whereas the * is a screw hole, and an O is where the hole is for the cables..):

* O * *

The existing incorrect mirror stretches to the furthest out holes (*) and there's one in between.. So i was a bit confused of course.

I get credit for such an awesome diagram though.. oh yah. Thanks for the help thus far guys

I found out by doing a bit of research that the mirror is from a 50-60's chevrolet! The mirror i have now has the three remote wires attached to a unit thats smaller than the remote unit that is already inside of my dart. The difference is that mine can have the wires detach whereas the new mirror can't. Anyone have a mirror you wanna trade me?

-
Back