What's the deal with champion?

-
After I wax the Dart I'm going to cut the washers off my plugs.

I have bought nothing but NGK V groove for years now. Never had a bad one!

Put a Champion, an Autolite, and an NGK of the equivalent application all three side-by-each. Use your senses of sight and touch and the differences in quality will be obvious. Be sure to run your fingers around the threads to see the difference between crudely cut threads and nicely rolled ones. This is often the difference between a seized plug and one that comes right out. In an aluminum head, this is often the difference between a plug that comes right out and a plug that comes right out and brings the head plug hole threads out with it. Look at the ring washers. Look at the terminals. Look at the shell plating. Look at the electrodes. You can learn quite a lot and come to some very valid conclusions this way.

No need to cut the washers because the will unscrew down the threads of the spark plug.

On one I had to, I got all but one with the screw on type. The 6th one had a different style.

The car seems to have woken up a bit with the washers removed. Also I found oil inside the spark plug tube with the washers installed....that's another reason not to use them.

-
Back