whats the deal with the new tranny mts.

-
yeah, they probably made design changes to fit more applications and those not being mine as it looks.

Dang. What an ordeal.

yea , no kidding man, it only took me about 30 seconds to whip out my cutoff wheel after fighting that **** for 3 hours under the car. after I forced the crossmember up there the first time, I had to get a cheater and pry the crossmember back out. the profanity was flyin'

I went down to the shop this morning to get the bushing pushed in and the guy told me to leave it and he would try and get to it today. Don't you just love it when you spend a lot of money at certain garages and if you go back for a $10.00 job, they don't have time for you. And right now he has the 35 Ford we painted a couple weeks ago in his shop where I took it to have more work done. Anyway, I got pissed and went and bought a 20 ton shop press and did it myself. This is the way to go if you need a tranny mount. For $3.99, the insert is tight and the mount is like new. It all went back together great and aligned up perfectly. I put the driveshaft in with the new yoke on it and the new u-joint and a new mount so I guess I am good to go. Didn't get a chance to run it down the road yet as it is raining today but hopefully I will be able to get to the show tomorrow and try it out. STOP THE RAIN. if you ever change one of these inserts and have never done it before, 2 things to remember. They only come out one way and go in one way. They have a ridge on one end to stop it. and make sure you shim the sides of the mount to keep from bending the sides in and cause a bind. I used a couple of 3/8 " short sockets to brace the sides. here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSC07111.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC07112.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC07115.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 84
pics of the yoke and u-joint

Attachments

• DSC07113.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC07114.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 74
and here it is in the car.

Attachments

• DSC07116.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC07118.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 87
yeah, they probably made design changes to fit more applications and those not being mine as it looks.

That's what they call "service parts". :evil3:

Put together anything that looks close to it and ship it.... :violent1:

They do it all the time.... :banghead:

yeah, I am very glad that is over. and the next time I have a problem, I will use one of the other 2 insert I bought and put in the cabinet. But, in the past when I have bought extra parts, I usually never have to use them so I will probably never have a problem with the tranny mount again.

-
Back