What's the deal with these window regulators??

-

Steves65

Reaction score
The rear 1/4 glass on my 65 vert would not move...so I pulled it out, found the crank works fine, but the arms were all bent up...I put them back in the correct position as best I could (used the other side as a guide). Now everything lines up, but after I crank it up and down a couple of times the top arm pops off!!! I don't understand how it is just a stud that holds the arms together...no bolt/clip/etc...Is there a trick or tip to get these arms to stay together...I thought about welding the top arm to the stud...but I don't have a welder...so looking for a fix with basic tools

Thanks!

quick update, I spent a whole weekend playing with the window.....happy to say it seems to be working now...I have rolled it up and down a good 20 times and it has stayed together, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I won't have any issues with it again!

It seems like the 3 arms all needed to be bent up just right, I just had to keep playing with them and eventually it just stayed together!

Keep the channels clean & lubed real well helps too. Silicone spray down the window cannel once in a while is all you need to do.

It seems like the 3 arms all needed to be bent up just right, I just had to keep playing with them and eventually it just stayed together!

Good deal! I've got to tackle a locked up rear passenger side window on my 'Cuda disassembly. I kinda waiting for the temperature to get down into the 80s, though.

-
Back