What's the difference between 71 Dart and 72 Dart fuel line?

-

kiss

Reaction score
I am ordering new tank-to-pump fuel line for my 71 Dart since I am installing the new gas tank. May as well go 3/8" right?

Question is whats the difference between fuel line on a 71 Dart vs 72 Dart? When I look online they show either fuel line for 69-71 or 72-74

I ask because I am using a 72+ tank for the superior venting system vs the 71 venting system that came with my car

Oh also where are we getting new lines these days? Inline tube? SSTubes, your place for replacement vehicle lines! ?

thanks

72 has line for charcoal canister on radiator support. the 71 used the separator in the trunk with 4 tubes

You didnt mention what engine, im going with a V8.
From the tank to the fuel pump, they should be the same.
Ask them to be sure.
From the fuel pump to the carb, it would depend on the carb.
Obviously if you have a Carter/Edelbrock, you would order one for that.
Thermoquad, you would order one for that.
If you ask them, they will bend you up a 3/8" fuel pump to carb line.

You didnt mention what engine, im going with a V8.
From the tank to the fuel pump, they should be the same.
Ask them to be sure.
From the fuel pump to the carb, it would depend on the carb.
Obviously if you have a Carter/Edelbrock, you would order one for that.
Thermoquad, you would order one for that.
If you ask them, they will bend you up a 3/8" fuel pump to carb line.
Tank to pump. Sites have 69-71 and 72-74 listed as different lines from tank to pump. Was wondering if anyone knew why. I thought they'd be identical.

In-Line declined to do a custom 3/8" line pump to Carb for me.

In-Line declined to do a custom 3/8" line pump to Carb for me.
I was just about to call them and ask. I'll let you know what they say

I called Fine Lines/SS Tubes (same company) and they said they'd make me the 3/8 carb to pump line for an extra $10

I hope it fits if that's what I get. If i ask for small block 1971 the line from the pump to carb should go around the front of the engine underneath the alternator bracket correct?

Interesting. I was disappointed.

My reply from them was:
Sorry I only make those in 5/16”

Thank you and have a great day!

Chuck McMartin

raw

I was just about to call them and ask. I'll let you know what they say

I called Fine Lines/SS Tubes (same company) and they said they'd make me the 3/8 carb to pump line for an extra $10

I hope it fits if that's what I get. If i ask for small block 1971 the line from the pump to carb should go around the front of the engine underneath the alternator bracket correct?

This is the correct fuel line, for a small block, with a carter. In the future, it would help if you described
a little more detail of what you are working on. Example: Small block, with a Carter ect.

In regards to the different years in tank to pump fuel lines, this is something I would be asking them about.

PS...The pic is of a 3/8" fuel line, to a Carter/Edelbrock.

JohnnyDarts Bay.jpg

This is the correct fuel line, for a small block, with a carter. In the future, it would help if you described
a little more detail of what you are working on. Example: Small block, with a Carter ect.

In regards to the different years in tank to pump fuel lines, this is something I would be asking them about.

PS...The pic is of a 3/8" fuel line, to a Carter/Edelbrock.
That looks like exactly what I need. I am working on 71 Dart, motor is a 360 with an Edelbrock AFB.

What part number is it (or the 5/16 line part number they copied it from)? If I had to guess I'd say that's RPC6808 but the 3/8 version?

-
Back