whats the difference???

-

jmarshall97

Reaction score
I have a 1967 dodge dart gt 273 2bbl 904 and as it sits in a snowbank i daydream about what im going to do with it when spring (which is supposed to be tomorrow but mother nature has other plans :wack:) comes along and i was just thinking what i would have to do to my engine to make it a 4bbl besides intake, carb, and cam. it is running right now but i see a rebuild in the future and this could be an option.

thanks.

The difference between?

273 2 barrel and a 273 hipo? Or just putting a 4 barrel on the 273

A factory 2 barrel engine has hydraulic lifter lower compression pistons plain valve covers

Factory hipo, going on memory and it has been a LONG TIME, 10.5:1 compression, solid lifter cam, adjustable rockers, 4 barrel intake & carb, wrinkle black valve covers with fins chrome air cleaner, dual point dist.

You can put a 4 barrel on it with an intake change, but want a small cfm carb. For performance you might want to find a 360 and spend your money there

To get the factory look of a hipo expect to pay good $$$$$$$ for the covers, air cleaner.

Wish I had kept the 2 sets I had over the years. Would have used them on my 340

I like the look of stock but like you said its all about the $$$ so im thinking ill have a very close to stock engine but put some aftermarket valve covers and idk what for an aircleaner yet but thanks for the input.

If you go 4bbl, find an intake with the 273/318 intake port window. If you plan to mess with it, pull it and see what you have.

-
Back