Whats the point of these cuts?

-

adamp

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the reason would be for these cutouts on the passenger side of the dash besides weight reduction? I got the car this way...

1517338_343117785868508_2056555866_n.jpg

Two speed transmission :burnout:

The column shifter will be removed and I'm currently looking at these shifter options...

bmm-80683_cp.jpg

bmm-80885.jpg

or maybe....

3838500.jpg

Not sure what the purpose is but I suspect to allow the dash to crumple when you hit it in an accident. They are there on all a bodies I have seen, under the dash pad, 67 to 76.

I've had both the b&m quick silver and the b&m hammer shifter. Liked the hammer shifter so much I kept it before I sold the cuda.

BTW, your car would have had a dash pad over the holes originally. Some guys weld the holes up and paint the dash, it looks pretty good.

thanks guys, i thought they were cut at home... didn't realize it was a factory thing, since i couldnt seem to find those cuts on google...

dennday67 thanks for that, ill probably find a place to feel them first. Also, I see youre in Yakima, I go there for work... to an rv manufacturer.

Small world on FABO. you might check out my build on the valiant and my buddy justin's build on his dart that I've put in the members restoration both writen by me.

Must be 68 or later, as it was a new mandated safety regulation put into effect for the 68 model year! Got that info from Rani, who should chime in with the complete information!! Geof

Must be 68 or later, as it was a new mandated safety regulation put into effect for the 68 model year! Got that info from Rani, who should chime in with the complete information!! Geof

i was just thinking my 67 dash didn't have them, and my 69 did…

Might want to revisit those shoulder straps, mounted like that they are dangerous and will compress your spine if you (heaven forbid) ever need them.

Thanks DNasty777... previous owner had them that way, I already sold the seats and harness... Im going a different route.

-
Back