Whats the value or is it worth it.

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
I have a 68 Barracuda Formula S, 340, auto. The car is rust free and uncut. It has been drag raced for the past 20 years or more. I still drag race it. I am now contemplating installing a rollbar and subframe connectors. My reasons are I dont feel it has anymore value or worth than a regular barracuda as it is missing its data plate no build sheet and I dont think its the original engine. I was interested in building a F.A.S.T. car out of it but this is california and there isint any interest in that out here.

Like it or not the car does have more value for being a Formula S (vs a car that is not a Formula S in equal condition)

Roll-bars and subframe connectors can always be removed. (I think all a-bodies should have subframe connectors)

You can find out if it is the original engine by opening the hood and looking for the vin on the block on the bell-housing flange behind the driver side head.

Build it the way you want. As long as you don't do some crazy cutting up of the car, it could be restored later if you change your mind.

I have a 68 Barracuda Formula S, 340, auto. The car is rust free and uncut. It has been drag raced for the past 20 years or more. I still drag race it. I am now contemplating installing a rollbar and subframe connectors. My reasons are I dont feel it has anymore value or worth than a regular barracuda as it is missing its data plate no build sheet and I dont think its the original engine. I was interested in building a F.A.S.T. car out of it but this is california and there isint any interest in that out here.

Yep missing all that I would say build it the way you want. There's still value over a standard Barracuda, but not enough to change your use of the car in my opinion.

-
Back