what's this a body worth

-
Throw out a price and I'm sure he'll counter...eventually you'll find a middle ground that you both may be comfortable with. If you're both worlds apart and he has unreasonable expectations then throw out your final offer and a phone number and walk away...
I'm with this advice to a point. When I throw out my final price, I let them know that that "final" price is only good for today, right now. I don't want him to use my "final" bid for leverage to negotiate a higher bid from someone else. I let them know if they call me in the future, I may be less eager to buy it at that "final" price.

With a solid unibody and just a few body work areas I've seen two hemi orange 1970 340 cars (one 4 speed, one auto) move in the 4-5K price range.

One needed floor work and a trunk gutter section, the other one quarter panel.

I laugh at the people who tell people it's going to cost 7.2 million dollars to restore a car when all they have done is write checks to someone and get ripped off by supposed restoration shops. especially when they are simply looking at a picture , have no clue on the actual condition of a car, and have no idea what kind of experience or abilities the potential owner has. it's like they are just trying to scare them away from buying a car. STFU

With all due respect, the OP asked a question and the members are doing their best to give their honest answers...do you have something to contribute the the Op's question or are you just here to vent. If you have nothing constructive to contribute to the OP's question then maybe you should heed your own advice.
with all due respect , i build all my own ****, and I know what it COSTS ME to restore a car. it in no way can be applied across the board. so if you have no real world idea either , maybe you should just go back to mofarts where you came from.

Last edited:
with all due respect , i build all my own ****, and I know what it COSTS ME to restore a car. it in no way can be applied across the board. so if you have no real world idea either , maybe you should just go back to mofarts where you came from.

Ha Ha...Now that's funny coming from a guy that joined in Oct 2011 but is too damn cheap to pay the $40 dollars to support this site...

Ha Ha...Now that's funny coming from a guy that joined in Oct 2011 but is too damn cheap to pay the $40 dollars to support this site...
I can promise you I've supported this site 10 times over the nonsense you contribute. I've been gold a number of times and given away parts, including contributing to fund raisers to help other members. so just keep flapping your gums Mr. 18 posts of nothing but bullshit.

I can promise you I've supported this site 10 times over the nonsense you contribute. I've been gold a number of times and given away parts, including contributing to fund raisers to help other members. so just keep flapping your gums Mr. 18 posts of nothing but bullshit.

You must be so proud...I'll give you the last word so you can feel better about yourself. Anxiously awaiting your reply.

My 2 cents: Since I am spending your I say, $3-3500 If I was spending mine, $2500-3000!! Its like this, projects many times sell fr more that their value as a parts car. It being a true 340 cars adds value, Being a real 4 speed car adds value. Being originally green decreases value. Just kidding there!
The only time you will ever sell it and get your $ out probably will be before you start restoring it!!
If this is a car you will love an never regret the $$ and work you will put in it, try to get it bought.

-
Back