What's this Duster worth?

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
Found a Duster today. It's currentley B5 Blue. It was apperentley gold originally. It's a '71 340 Wedge 4spd car. Black interior. Buckets, no console just the shifter. Paint looks decent except there's paint touch up spots all over the car and it needs lower quarters badly. Didn't see the engine but it's there. What's it roughly worth?

if its a tru 340 car......can;t really tell w/ out pics obviously 3 to 6 grand if its #'s car....

7500? hows the underside? if the quarters are that bad id say its got to be rough... between 6000-8000? if its matching #'s

I'll try to get some pictures uploaded tomorrow. Any idea how many '71 340 Wedge 4spd cars were made?

I'll try to get some pictures uploaded tomorrow. Any idea how many '71 340 Wedge 4spd cars were made?

galens books breaks it down to 4265 for manual trans, but this includes the 3 spd's as well. looking at the demons for 71 it shows aprox 1000 3 spd's to the 2051 4 spd's so a good guess would be around 3100 for 71 340 4 spd dusters..

7500? hows the underside? if the quarters are that bad id say its got to be rough... between 6000-8000? if its matching #'s

$6000 TO $8000 ?? YOUR JUMPING THE GUN WITHOUT SEEING PICS .

I always think it's funny how people say they are worth that much, but no one pays it. I would say that realistically, $2500-$3500. Otherwise you will sit on it for a wile. Cody, to ask a question like that. Pics are a must. There are lots of things that are veriables on this car. Does it have the sharktooth grille and how's the condition. How are the rallye gauges. Fender tag. Tach. Numbers matching. Etc... I hear people say that 340's with X heads should bring around a grand. Why do I have one sitting here that I can't get $650 for? It's beacuse to many people watch Barrett Jackson or look at hemings and think thier stuff is worth it, but when it gets right down to it, it's not. Research the market. The REAL market, not BJ or hemmings and you can se what stuff is worth. Look at what it SELLS for, NOT advertised at. That will give you a better idea.

......as we all know, it's worth what someone will pay.

Crappy cell phone pictures but they're better than nothing! :D

IMG00368blurred.JPG

IMGDUSTER1.jpg

IMG00372blurred.jpg

IMG00373blurred.jpg

So is that a canadian trailer park or just a camp? Nice find anyway cody. How far from ya? And i would probably give him around $4000- $4500. see if you can go lower if you want it. Might just be better to sell your current one.

So is that a canadian trailer park or just a camp? Nice find anyway cody. How far from ya? And i would probably give him around $4000- $4500. see if you can go lower if you want it. Might just be better to sell your current one.

Kind of a trailer park except it's a permanant place for RVs and trailers. It's an RV park I guess if you want a term. Not an actual mobile home park. It's about 15-20 minutes from my house. He says he has about $30,000 into it including the full resto he did back in 1998 or so. I'm not selling my Duster to buy this one, I love mine too much. I was just wondering what this one was actually worth.

30,000 into it ....... and it is sitting outside in a trailer park....WOW just made my complete #'s matching 70 ev2 340 worth a whole hell of allot more thanks

Kind of a trailer park except it's a permanant place for RVs and trailers. It's an RV park I guess if you want a term. Not an actual mobile home park. It's about 15-20 minutes from my house. He says he has about $30,000 into it including the full resto he did back in 1998 or so. I'm not selling my Duster to buy this one, I love mine too much. I was just wondering what this one was actually worth.

Ask for reciepts. I doubt he has that much in it.

I see it needs a pass 1/4 panel.

30,000 into it ....... and it is sitting outside in a trailer park....WOW just made my complete #'s matching 70 ev2 340 worth a whole hell of allot more thanks
Thats exactly what i was thinking before I even saw your post haha. Im sure it was real nice at one point. some TLC and it will be back. Looks like a nicely optioned car. Did you get a peak at the fender tag cody?

If he thinks he's got 30 in it, no way he's letting it go for less than 10. If he is let me know, I may be able to a more suitable location to keep it (like my garage).

-
Back