What's this rear end worth?

-

searcher1990

Reaction score
Just switched from a 7.25 to 8.75 rear end as I am installing a built 340 into my 66 barracuda and thought I better upgrade the rest of the drive train. I have never driven the car as I bought it from two guys who tore it apart then realized they were over their heads. The 7.25 rear end is drum to drum, 3.91 sure grip. it came out of my 66 barracuda 273 4 speed car.
It turns freely and the car pushed around in my garage just fine. Just curious what something like that would go for as I no longer need it.

Being a 7.25 in itself is not worth much. But Sure Grip 7.25's are very hard to come by and the 3.91's help the value also. If It were me I would take it apart, inspect the SG, and sell the SG and gear set separate for 250.00 and junk or give the rest of the 7.25 away. It is a whole lot easier to ship the SG and gear set than ship the complete rear end. Plus this opens up the whole country as a market for it.

Thanks for the info. I was just going to sell it on local waves for almost nothing as I knew 7.25 rears never sold for much. Once I saw it was what it is I thought I would check, thanks for your time! I will probably just roll it out back by the shed and see if anyone needs it locally so I don't have to mess with it. thanks again.

PM whitepunkonnitro. He might want it.

-
Back