Whats this world coming to...

-

cosworth

Reaction score
I live in a quite neighborhood about an hour north of houston tx not much in the way of crime ever happens, about a month ago my hand tools were stolen out of my work truck called the cops but not much the could do, they were all tools I inherited from my grandfather and great grandfather so they cannot be replaced. I did have a secondary set so not a fiscal loss to me but this morning I get in my truck to go to work at 5:00AM and there is a orange stripe spraypainted down the side of my work truck and my personal driver that is a white 2000 Ford Lightning my pride and joy... I guess im just venting but for all the work I do to have nice things and do well for myself so *#&head comes by and pulls something like that.

thats terrible news, some enamel reducer will get the stripe off just be careful, I'd take a walk around the neighborhood and see what else the rats decided to paint and figure out which neighbor has the juvinile delinquents

Thanks waggs, thats a good idea on the camera just have to park in the street light so I dont have to use a flash. Wouldnt be good to give them a game camera too!

I have this system set up at my place and it works well. It hooks up in minutes, has night vision and records sound and picture. It is all remote and wireless, records to an SD card which can be reviewed by putting the card in your PC card reader. It is motion detected and can be set to record for up to 30 seconds. As long as the vehicle is within 20 to 30 feet it does a pretty good job.

You can have the cameras mounted up under the eaves on the garage, house or wherever and have the monitor in the house. It has an alarm that will alert you when the camera detects motion. It has a small remote that comes with it as well.

Shop around for price, I got mine at Amazon with two cameras, you can run up to four.

http://www.bing.com/shopping/lorex-live-wireless-video-monitoring-system/p/D00225802638F8C05005?q=lorex+security+system+reviews&lpq=lorex%20security%20system%20reviews&FORM=HURE

Keeping lights on at night a deterrent. Also, I have a dog and people know it. Just leaving the big dog bowls, Beware of dog sign, big lead chain across driveway... Sorry for your loss/damages and hopefully the end of it all.

There are street lamps all down my street so theres good lighting and I keep my outside lights on but it looks like it just helped them find the stuff the wanted out of my truck, On the upside my truck has a orange racing stripe!

The thief went to alot of trouble to steal your tools and since they were very old they didn't get much money from the pawn shop, so the thief came to pay you back with the paint for not keeping better tools. Sorry for your loss.

I had this problem a few years back and I did not set a camera up, I did not have one and no means to use it, I set a small one man tent up, I live out in the county and I was determined to catch the sob's...
Turned out they was cooking crack and I smelled it about 2 am and I got satisfaction about one hour later when about 3 trucks showed up with 5 young guns and a lead captain they parked there trucks in my side yard and they went in the wood pack'en some army looking guns.. I did as they said and went back in my house.... I herd 4 wheelers coming in and a county police car pulled up my drive way..
The county sheriff came in my house at 4.am and had me sign a form and thanked me and he was laughing about my story of why I was in a small tent in my yard. The men they picked up was from Missouri..
Yes I know I had the time :eek:ops: on my hands, and many do not, and I don't live there any more, I moved 4 miles farther out in the sticks.
I would try denatured alcohol on the paint that got spayed on your truck first, it is less strength and will not hurt your paint on your truck.
Yes They called and I got my 2 wheel dolly back and a set of very nice jumper cables they took, was I packing in the tent ?
No one knows :coffee2:

I kept the tent set up close to my shop, they never new if anyone was watching.

That sucks.

Mineral spirits for the fresh paint since it's really gentle and does not hurt cured auto paint in the time needed to remove fresh paint.
I use it all the time.

Do NOT use
paint thinner
laquer thinner
toulene
Naptha

That sucks.

Mineral spirits for the fresh paint since it's really gentle and does not hurt cured auto paint in the time needed to remove fresh paint.
I use it all the time.

Do NOT use
paint thinner
laquer thinner
toulene
Naptha

Well said, X2

I'd put a nice new shiney set of tools in the back and hide in the shadows with a club. but thats just me.

Very sorry to hear this kinda of stuff .
No don't take this the wrong way but i'm pretty sure this is KARMA and i found the answer in your post.You stated your pride and joy (ford lighting) This may be just a reality check from the Mopar Gods .They are probably just helping you recenter you pride joy around your a body .

Na just kidding and very sorry that you lost you family tools. I to have several old still sen wrenches also handed down to me from my grandfather..Ask that karma deals them a just and fair turn for being so selfish to steal from your truck.The only sad thing is Karma will strike but you may never see it.......I know it does not help but the milk has already hit the floor......Arco

-
Back