Whats this worth?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
This ad was posted about a month ago on craigslist. It's not an a-body but still a neat car. I have always wanted some sort of AMC. I e-mailed the seller about the price. He want's $3,000 and is about an hour from me. I sent another e-mail asking for more pics. Still waiting for a reply. Has anyone had any experience with these? Are they dependable and be good for a daily driver? The winters here in Cincinnati can be rough. But I have heard these are bullitproof. Just want some more opinions. Thanks.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/1166898977.html

Seems like a fair deal expecially if its as nice as it sounds. I would buy it. Im not partial to spirits or anything though. They are neat cars. I have a picture of mine in my avatar. They are the perfect car to put a v-8 in and an A body 8 3/4 fits right in. Only problem is parts are somewhat hard to come by.

1981 AMC SPIRIT 39000 ORG MILES,SHOWROOM INTERIOR,BUCKET SEATS,FLOOR SHIFT,cold ac and looking good, I have never owned them but I have faith in AMC, In line six and standard 4 speed I would think.
$3.000 sounds cheep.

my buddy is a amc guy and he has a bunch of 79 amx's typical late 70's plastic interiors but nice cars. his are 401's/ they go pretty well. light, they look col wiht the factory flares and spoilers.
guess you can say its a updated gremlin.lol

I know a lady who's still driving hers. She's in Hillsboro Oh and tools around in it all winter long.
Make sure it is a 4x4 and the transfer case and front hubs are free and will lock. I thought that the Spirits were 2x4's and the Eagles were 4x4, but that was almost 30 years ago when they came out, so I am hazy.
Those things were pretty neat when they came out. They didn't really take off though, AMC was on its death bed and damn few were sold. I think they're a little "clunky", but I feel that way about every AMC I ever drove and owned.
As for what its worth, if its running and has the typical Ohio rust and the interior in just Ok, then $800 to $1000, if its a superstar then maybe $2300. That's for a high end driver.

The 4x4 version of the spirit is the sx4 the spirit itself is only 2wd

You can allways do this to it.

Headedtogateway002.jpg

amcmonstermopar.jpg

-
Back