Whats working for stroker oil pump?

-
maybe there was a bit of confusion , but in the 25 years ive been changing oil in SB and BB mopar engines with stock pans , it takes 5 - 5 1/2 quarts to get the oil level back up to the full mark with SB engines. thats all i was saying. im not trying to muck up your thread.

maybe there was a bit of confusion , but in the 25 years ive been changing oil in SB and BB mopar engines with stock pans , it takes 5 - 5 1/2 quarts to get the oil level back up to the full mark with SB engines. thats all i was saying. im not trying to muck up your thread.
Its all good. My 340 had 5.5 quarts in it total w the stock pan when i spun the rod bearing. HV oil pump and I was turning the poor thing more then I should have.

LOL you are hilarious! Obviously I know a tad more if I am not the one asking this question. I know the pan takes 4qts. What I THOUGHT was you ran only 4qts overall, but apparently you ran 5 total. Run the stock up, unless your clearances on the bearings are looser. :banghead:

Its all good. I should have explained myself better. My 340 had 5.5 qts in it w the stock pan when i spun a rod bearing. HV pump and I was turning the poor old girl more then I should have. An expensive screw up on my part. Live and learn. I DO NOT want to do that to my stroker. Wont be turning over 6000 RPM anyways so less likely to happen. Especially w a higher capacity pan.

I had a stock pump in my last 360, but that was with stock bearings and stock clearances. I am now going with full grooved H series .001 undersized or over I dont remember, so I am not sure if I need an HV, but I most likely will go with a stock pump and HP spring.

-
Back