whats your Favorite color and worse color for a car

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
it has been said before that certain colors on cars sell faster than others.......its also said that some colors are more prone to road rage, tickets, speeding.

so I ask the question to get a feel for whats popular or not: what is your favorite color and what is your least favorite color on a car.

I will start.

favorite color is yellow and when I see yellow mopars ...I am drawn in to have a closer look.

least favorite is blue ....I don't care for the color blue at all. when I see a blue mopar for sale my first instinct is that I don't want to look at it, even though I have seen some really nice blue cars. :shock:

I am a little more specific, or vague depending on how you look at it. I don't like any high impact color on any car that it wasn't offered on, especially on 1969 and earlier cars. I like year correct colors almost without exception, and do like new 3 and 4 stage paints on almost any new car, and also on a lot of older cars!!

I think my least favorite color is Sublime Green, although on a car that originally had it, I will overlook my bias!!

Favorite?? I guess I don't have a single favorite!!... Geof

Green is my favorite color for most things including cars. Pink is my favorite color for one thing.

I am a little more specific, or vague depending on how you look at it. I don't like any high impact color on any car that it wasn't offered on, especially on 1969 and earlier cars. I like year correct colors almost without exception, and do like new 3 and 4 stage paints on almost any new car, and also on a lot of older cars!!

I think my least favorite color is Sublime Green, although on a car that originally had it, I will overlook my bias!!

Favorite?? I guess I don't have a single favorite!!... Geof

I know what you mean exactly ....its the same for a later car with a high impact color that was never even close to remotely being available for that car ....like a sublime green 77 charger .....yea I better stop before I say something mean LOL

even though I have seen later dusters in high impact ....those don't bother me ...of course I believe any duster is just a plain and simple sexy car

I'm with Geof, I like period/year correct colors on cars. I really like Plum Crazy Purple - but not on a '68 Cuda.

My least favorite color is metallic Gold.

#1--British racing green or seaweed green
Yellow--just NOT a screaming canary yellow
House of Color killer purple
Off white
Silver....a quality one with decent-sized flake
Black
Maybe a red....but I doubt it
non-metallic burgundy

Dislikes: (although I have seen certain examples of each of these colors that I've liked, but it's rare)
#1--Gunmetal gray....the worst for a classic car
Blues.....well mayybe a sapphire midnight blue (probably not a metallic)
Screaming red, or any of those "buy me now!" reds
Orange
Brown, gold or copper color

I like green, brown, blue, and many more. I won't say the colors I dislike........no need to ruffle somebody's feathers. :-#

If the color is correct for the year, I usually like it :glasses7:

Some colors are WAY over used lol

I hate retail red and fawn/sand/beige

Yellow is a hard colour to get right on a car..

I like the rest :)

Ever since I bought my Dart, I have been in love with White cars. Before that it was Silver cars like my Stealth. I do tend to like Blue, Green and unique colored cars (like the old mopar gold, pink, purple, etc. cars). I absolutely hate Red cars and ever since I owned a Black car, I hate those too.

Y5 lemon twist all time favorite :thumblef: but I have own 2 :D
and never change the original color if at all possible :thumblef:
This is a color I stay away from just because it is high maintenance :eek:ops:
And here in Arkansas where we have a very long hot sunny summer black
is not ever in my game plan... But I would like to have my 73 340 Challenger back it was black :eek:ops: not to judge but I do not like Honey due, Yes that is a color from 72 I believe, a mix between tan and sand , I never liked that color myself .

I'm same in not liking high-impact colors on pre-'70 cars. There are very few exceptions to this. They almost always just look wrong and cheap. Even on '70-up cars, the high-impact colors tend to be overdone, especially InViolet/Plum Crazy.

I don't care for red or orange on most cars, but those colors look good on some, like Dusters. I would never choose to paint a car red though that wasn't already factory red.

Favorite is light blue (B3, or A4 Light Gunmetal Metallic which is really a very very light blue), or most other light metallic colors, even the lighter brown metallics.

Even though I own a red car it is by no means my favorite color. I love black and orange especially when they are used together

good thing rani & i aren't together. black is my favorite followed very closely by midnight blue. (& most of the dark colors) i despise yellow!

I love the color of my Challenger. JA5 dark silver metallic. I can't stand custom candy paint jobs on muscle cars. They never look right to me.

This has become a really difficult choice for me as the years, 40+, of liking cars has passed me by. I've been thru most of the hot colors as my favorites. I think my first was Red on the 69 Charger, 70 Cuda & 69 Mach I. Then I went thru a spell of Blues that really caught my eye. In the mid 70's I really fell in love with Greens, and to this day i'd probably say the're still my favorite in general.

But every time I said I didn't like a color, a car would show up and make me change my mind. I'm not talking just Mopars, but cars in general, and i've owned just about something of each color over the years.

I guess I just love all 60's & 70's cars so much, I just can't say.............Some cars just look right, and you know them when you see them.

My favorite is probably black because most cars look great in black if they're straight. But colors I like are very dependent on the car. As mentioned, I hate high impact colors on cars that didn't come that way but I really like them on correct cars. I prefer colors that were originally available on the car or close to correct for the model. My least favorites are the ones like sandy beige metallic, fawn metallic, etc. It takes a killer car to wear those well. Salmon pink would be a color that would be really low on my list but on a certain Studebaker it would be awesome. The pea green that came on the road toads would be another color very low on my list, but I'd love a 62 Valiant in that color. So, my standard answer is, It depends......

Personally I don't like black because it shows everything and is impossible to keep clean.
Favorite color is red. 2 red trucks, 4 red guitars...

Favorite colors? hmmm. Blues, white, black. Greys, browns, reds, and the closer to true yellows are all colors I feel don't flatter any car. Grey is alright, but I always feel like it undersells the car for what it is;Browns just look gross;Red is overdone and always has been my least favorite color; and Yellow just is blechhhh. ugly.

If anyone is winding their panties in a bunch over this thread, they should realize the most important thing of car ownership: It's your car and you do what you would like to it, you can't please everyone so you should please yourself.

interesting to say the least ....I am getting some interesting info here ....for those of you who I know, your color choices have been a surprise ....for some not so much of a surprise.

black seems to be a popular choice and I have to say that I also like black cars a lot but I have painted black cars before and to get it perfect can be a bit exhausting at times LOL :shaking:

I think every car has it's own unique colour that just sort of fits it.
In the end though I enjoy Yellow (only never the real pale ones), Blue, some oranges and really certain dark metallicy greens.

I rather dislike White as a whole (even though my venge is white), you cant keep the stupid thing clean. Pink is also a no go, its just weird.

-
Back