• Turbo

Votes: 51 49.5%
  • Centrifugal

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Roots, AKA; 8/71 - 6-71

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters
-
My dad is going with a Whipple charger on his motor. We have done the turbo thing and I cant say I like them much.

My dad is going with a Whipple charger on his motor. We have done the turbo thing and I cant say I like them much.

just wondering alitle, whats your dad building? not many running those blowers from what i have heard but i bet it will make real good power:-D

you mean i have to choose just 1? have always wanted a roots style blower..

just wondering alitle, whats your dad building? not many running those blowers from what i have heard but i bet it will make real good power:-D

Well errr. It's a chevy motor in a dune buggy. LS-7 making 700 hp at the crank on the motor now but it is all in the top end. You need to crank it up past 6000 RPM to make any power with it. With the Whipple the power band should be a lot better and it will have more bottum end TQ and HP. And it sounds like we will be able to make 1000HP on pump gas with this set up too. I don't have any pics as my computer crashed on me but here is a short vid of it with the old motor.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bR_qvarkwc"]YouTube- alumicraft at the Glamis sand drags[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkgCQV07nPs"]YouTube- The Alumicraft taking a round[/ame]

I'll be running an 8-71 on my 572 and a 6-71 on my small block. Never had one, always wanted one, gonna have two...........
Daryl

thanks for answering my question. i see what you mean, that's almost twice the air it stuffs in the motor.

At 568cfm per revolution, I'd think it would make roughly 14 pounds of boost with a 1:1 drive pulley setup.

Someone correct me, if I;m wrong, please.

Roots! This is our HEMI for our 1974 T/F rail.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0548.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 200
what pitch is your belt, how much overdrive, what size supercharger and are you going to install port injectors? last but not least how are the side oilers installed?

Whats my pleasure??...none that you have listed i find it more rewarding getting it done NATURALLY ASPIRATED without the help or need of any power adder..geez,anybody can have a turbo,blower, nitrous ect added..

Right cause handing over a big wad of cash to have your naturally aspirated motor takes so much more talent then handing over a big wad of cash for a turbo or blower

:roll:

i understand how to build a na motor, nos motor and a supercharged motor but have no clue about a turbo motor. it's all about want you know and can afford to build.

Look at PRO MOD cars.They are all flyin,so it's a personal preference thang.The valve covers can be very impoetant:downtown:

Attachments

• garage 4 056.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 184
  • GARAGE 2 031.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 200
  • GARAGE 2 016.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 194
  • GARAGE 2 024.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 223
  • GARAGE 2 021.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 229
  • GARAGE 2 013.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 211
  • GARAGE 2 012.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 012.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 213
  • GARAGE 2 033.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 184
Look at PRO MOD cars.They are all flyin,so it's a personal preference thang.The valve covers can be very impoetant:downtown:

Pro Mod is one of those Eliminators wherein NHRA tries to level the playing field by customizing the engine's parameters with regard to size, pounds per cubic inch and by regulating the power adders' size and degree of function.

For example, Brad Personnett's turbocharged Pro Mod had never won an NHRA race 'til he literally RAN AWAY from everybody (by 10 mph+) at Indy, last year.

He was rewarded by NHRA Tech by having his legal, mandated turbos reduced in size from 91mm to 88 mm, before the year's end.

NHRA doesn't know what the hell they're doing, so they try to cover it up by penalizing a car that shows promise (like Brad's did.)disgust

All the Pro Mods run fast; and, they are GMC-blown, N20 cars, and now turbos...

This is going to be an interesting year, I think, with several new turbo cars in the mix.

Twin turbo or bust! Economical driving IF/WHEN you can keep your foot off the loud pedal, and enormous power at hand!

-
Back