Wheel Adapter

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
When I upgraded to BBP wheels I thought I'd do the same for my spare....for obvious reasons. However, the BBP spare is proud of the spare tire well by about 2 inches and I'd prefer to keep the smaller wheel. I know they make adapters but not sure if I can get an adapter to use a SBP wheel on a BBP setup?

Maybe get a 14" BBP wheel instead of an adapter.

Just keep in mind if you have a flat on the rear running two different size tires for any distance can damage the rear.

Have you looked at maybe some kind of small tire to go on the 15? I'm not sure they make such a critter, but it might be worth looking for. You would have to measure your well and look at the dimensions of the tire.

I did some looking for the adapters and you can find the small to big all day. The other way around was elusive, lol.

Do you know what the tire height is that you need to fit the well?

Thanks Bruce.
I'm guessing the "14 BBP with an appropriately sized tire is the best solution.

Just something to think about. Mini spare from a 88 Dodge Diplomat. Big bolt pattern,fits disc brakes, fits in the a-body tire well, nice flat floor.

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 161
Check the center hole diameter on a Lincoln Towncar to see if it will clear your hub. The tire and wheel is thin but will come closer to the height of your tires plus many of the wheels are aluminum that is painted black.

Also AMC, and some small Jeeps use 4.5" rims... And some of the early Toyota trucks when they were 5 bolt.

-
Back