Wheel allignment

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I did the 75 disc swap onto my 70 Dart, and at the same time installed new upper control arm bushings, upper ball joints and lower ball joints. Put everything back together, and put wheels back on it, and adjusted the torsion bars. Brakes work fine but as soon as you drive it even a few feet the wheels go on funny angles and whatnot. Is that just because I haven't gotten an allignment yet? Will an allignment fix that problem?

No worries.........Yes, sounds just like an alignment will fix you right up......:happy10:

Is it going to be scary driving to the allignment shop? The car was all over the driveway, I don't want to imagine what being on the road will be like..

Try getting the toe set a little closer before you drive it. Especially, if the alignment shop is a ways away.

Take a tape measure and get a reading from the center of the back of the tire or wheel.

Then measure again at the center of the front of the tire or wheel.

Adjust the tie rods in or out so that the front measurement matches the rear.

This is only a "temporary" remedy so you can drive it to the alignment shop. Hope this helps you.....

Sounds like you forgot to tighten a few things down. Even if adjusted incorrectly, things don't move unless they are loose. Make sure the upper control arms, pitman arm, and lower control arm bolts are all torqued.

-
Back