wheel and tire fittmen ? help!. Ive searched

-

subzero05

Reaction score
I have a 67 cuda F/B. I'm looking to put a set of 17" centerlines on it. Now, I am installing the SSBC front disc kit which has provisions for the 5x4 and 5x4.5 pattern. So, obviously I would want to want to go with the 5x4.5 pattern and I guess I will need to get spacers made for the back?. Yes or no?. Also, if I want to "stagger" the wheel and tire sizes, please give me your expertise on what is the "best bet" size wise on both the front and back so there are no rubbing issues?. I am looking at getting a 17x7 in the front and 17x8 in the back IF this is doable? Can anybody help me for sure?

i have 17x7s in the front and 17x8s in the back no fitment issues really at all but mine isnt exactly a 67 barracuda

Just read the new Mopar Muscle magazine today. They have an article on how to fit tires and rims. You could maybe look it up on line.

225 45 front and 245 45 rear kinda skinny for me in the rear so i am in the process of moving my springs inboard and going to go with a 275 or a 295

this is with the 245s

100_0822.jpg

100_0825.jpg

100_0823.jpg

so your best guess would be if I go with this sizing in the front and rear everything should be Ok?

i would say so, but it being a diffrent car i would still pull a few measurments just to be sure before you invest in anything my point is my car is stock everything in those pictures and the wheels and tires fit like a glove so i dont think it would be a big deal to find some that fit yours also

There are adapters that will change 5X4 to a 5X4.5 for the back. They'll space the wheel out about an inch or so. I don't know if they make them anymore, but if you look around, you should be able to find them. I've seen them in the "For Sale" section before.

-
Back