wheel and tire size

-

greg

Reaction score
I'm going to try again and see if I can get an answer. I'd like to put 15 " rims on my 68 Dart. The brakes are off a 73 Dart, large bolt pattern and I've got a problem with the tires rubbing on the fender bottoms. The tires "just" touch where the wheel well molding ends at the bottom of the wheel well. Any suggestions?

I have 215/60-15 tires on 6.5 rally with stock 4.25 backspace that work well on a 69 Dart with 73 up front disc setup and an 8.25 rear to get BBP all around.

You may need to get smaller diameter tires.

Using one of these online calculators...you can find out what you need, like this one: http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/. Google tire size calculator...you might find a nicer one.

Suggestions? Get shorter tires or trim your fenders.

What size tires are you running now? I have 225/60/15's on my Duster with 15x7 and 4.25" backspace cop rims. They clear, but not by much.

I'm going to try again and see if I can get an answer. I'd like to put 15 " rims on my 68 Dart. The brakes are off a 73 Dart, large bolt pattern and I've got a problem with the tires rubbing on the fender bottoms. The tires "just" touch where the wheel well molding ends at the bottom of the wheel well. Any suggestions?

What size tires, front and rear?

Where is it rubbing, front or rear?

What width wheel, front and rear?

-
Back