Wheel Bolt Patterns Question

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
With all the recent discussion on wheels I have become confused. Are there three different bolt patterns? I have seen 13" x 4" SBP which I believe is on my 64 Valiant. I own a set of 14" x 4 1/4" Dodge Rally wheels that I bought thinking they would fit, but they don't. and what is the "lbp" specifics?

lbp = Large Bolt Pattern = 4 1/2" spacing. sbp wheels are harder to find, limited options available out there. Only 15"s I know of are a Rallye wheel made by Wheel Vintiques (Summit sells them). I feel your pain!!

With all the recent discussion on wheels I have become confused. Are there three different bolt patterns? I have seen 13" x 4" SBP which I believe is on my 64 Valiant. I own a set of 14" x 4 1/4" Dodge Rally wheels that I bought thinking they would fit, but they don't. and what is the "lbp" specifics?

no theres only two different bolt patterns. 4.5 inch bolt pattern and 4 inch bolt pattern. This is how I understand it, someone correct me if im wrong. All 1972 and previous model year a bodys with drums and disks got 4 inch bolt pattern no matter what. Only 1973 and up disc brake a bodys got the 4.5 inch bolt pattern. The 1973 and up A-bodys with all four drum brakes (both 9 inch and 10inch drums) still got the 4 inch bolt pattern. Hope that helped?

This set of 14" wheels has a 4 1/4" bolt pattern. I have five of them if anyone is interested.

j 065.jpg

lbp = Large Bolt Pattern = 4 1/2" spacing. sbp wheels are harder to find, limited options available out there. Only 15"s I know of are a Rallye wheel made by Wheel Vintiques (Summit sells them). I feel your pain!!

Look at Centerlines. Lots of 15" wheels available in the small bolt pattern.

you mean 4 1/2, how did you measure your bolt pattern? did you go from the middle of each whole to one of the other holes that are diagnol from it?
You measure it like you're drawing a star, right, (or as in a tightening pattern)? From one bolt hole to a bolt hole across the hub?

The way to find out what size you have is measure from outter side of one bolt to the middle of the bolt directly across from it. I used Cuda65vpt's pic as a refference for you. Measure from point A to point B. Should be 4 inches or 4.5 inches give or take 1/8th. lol

wheel.jpg

The way to find out what size you have is measure from outter side of one bolt to the middle of the bolt directly across from it. I used Cuda65vpt's pic as a refference for you. Measure from point A to point B. Should be 4 inches or 4.5 inches give or take 1/8th. lol
NICELY DONE!

i got a pair of 15 x 7 on sbp just put inside of sbp rim in a 15x7 i guess lol some dude in kentucky hand maid and balenced a set of four 20yrs ago for my family

OK, I bought my wheels at a swap meet and there were guys there who had plastic bolt pattern gauges. one of those gauges is what was used to give me the 4 1/4". I did some google searches and found two different ways to measure. here are the measurements on my wheels.

bolt Model (1).jpg

OK, I bought my wheels at a swap meet and there were guys there who had plastic bolt pattern gauges. one of those gauges is what was used to give me the 4 1/4". I did some google searches and found two different ways to measure. here are the measurements on my wheels.

Are you sure that second measurement isn't 4 5/8? If there was only 1/16 difference between the center and the edge that would require 1/8 inch lugs.

-
Back