Wheel cylinders for 11 inch drums

-

jim ayers

fastback fish guy
Reaction score
I bought a 65-70 B-body 8.75 inch rear to wedge under my 69 barracuda. The rear came out of another A-body car so I do not know the original application. It also came with massive 11 inch finned drums. I have tried to replace the wheel cylinders, but all of the chain auto parts stores have a correct appearance replacement part with undersized attaching bolts. When I place it on the backing plate, it has excessive play because the smaller diameter bolts will wiggle around inside the larger holes. I am afraid that if I install the replacement parts they will eventually begin working loose,and maybe wallering out the bolt holes. I cannot rebuild the original wheel cylinders because of pitting in the bores. I do not know what the attaching bolt size is, but it takes a 1/2' size socket on the bolt head. Bore size is 15/16". Does anybody know the correct application, or a manufacturer and part number, for me to get correct replacement wheel cylinders? THANKS

I put an early B in my Dart. I went to NAPA and they gave me exactly the right ones. It does help if the parts guy has a clue as well. The wheel cylinders I got fit like a glove and even had the little styrofoam gasket to go in there to keep dirt and moisture out. I threw the boxes away so I don't have a part number for you.

Hi Jim

I got my wheel cylinders from CarQuest for my 11" brakes.

Part no. was BRK EW75880 list price was $30.80 each....got them for
$18.48 each.

This was in Jan. 2007

-
Back