[Found!] wheel dome and center caps

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many domes are you looking for? I know I have at least 2 extra wheels and the domes may still be attached If I have any caps, they will be most likely well used.

How many domes are you looking for? I know I have at least 2 extra wheels and the domes may still be attached If I have any caps, they will be most likely well used.
I have 3 but 2 of them are pitted pretty good. 2 would work if you have them and they are good.
Ricky

I will see if I can get to my storage tomorrow and see exactly what I have

I am good on the caps now. Made some with hubcap medallion and the dome. Still would like to get some better domes, or a least one to make a set.
Thanks
Ricky

IMG_1769.JPG

I've got 3 extras; 1 came off the rim with no problem; however, the head snapped off leaving the rest of the shank in the the dome. The other 2 have the mounting fasteners (steel) frozen to and threw the mounting hole in the aluminum rim (dis-similar metals corrosion).

Can you get a picture of the one you got off the rim ? Did all the bolts snap off or only one bolt ?

Here you go: I see there is actually little to no pitting on it and ought to polish up good. Only 1 bolt head snapped off; I set it back on a different wheel and the snapped off portion acted like a guide pin. Should secure with 4 fasteners just fine.
IMG_7003.JPG
IMG_7004.JPG
IMG_7005.JPG

Wow! they look great! I have NOS caps to use on mine but curious as to what your caps came off of? I had a 69 Charger with hubcaps and your caps look like centers on those hubcaps. I will really have to do some polishing to make my wheels look that good!

Wow! they look great! I have NOS caps to use on mine but curious as to what your caps came off of? I had a 69 Charger with hubcaps and your caps look like centers on those hubcaps. I will really have to do some polishing to make my wheels look that good!
They are the center medalions from a set of 14" 68-69 charger hub caps. Three screws on the back and they come off the caps. Had to file three notches in the domes for the screw post and then fab a little cap to attach to the dome. Diameter is perfect for the dome top. Pictures make the wheels look good. They have some curb rash and nicks but cleaned up well. I used 400, 600, 1200 paper in sanding then polished with polishing wheel on a drill. This is before pic.

IMG_1738.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back