Wheel fitment- Help!

-

adamp

Reaction score
Hello guys, I found the wheels I want, but unfortunately I don't know much about wheel fitment and stuff like that. Will they fit? I have a 1970 Dart with stock suspension...

These wheels are only offered in 18x9 and 18x10.5

IMAG0407.jpg

Nevermind- I am pretty sure these won't fit. DAMN, they give us no options.

you can stuff an ls in a dart but you cant figure out backspace and wheel well to leaf spring width? come on now, I aint buyin that

Yeah an 18x10.5 isn't even going to be close on a Dart with stock suspension.

That's an XXR526 though right?

They come in an 18x9, I see either 25mm or 35mm for the offset. 18x9" with a 25mm offset will fit up front with no spacers if you've still got the stock brakes, or the 35mm offset might be the way to go if you're going to to an aftermarket disk upgrade. My 18x9's up front have a 35mm offset, I run them with a Dr. Diff rotor kit and a 5mm spacer.

In the back if you can get a 25mm offset 18x9" you'll still need a 1" spacer (the kind that bolt on and have built in lugs.). If you can only get a 35mm offset it will probably have to be a 1.5" spacer.

73AbodEE- LOL... Believe it or not, I get confused with offest, and spacers etc... and honestly, I was hoping to take the easy way out this time and get advice from an experienced member...

See, my ultimate goal is to get a deep dish look and as large as possible, which I believe is 18x9 apparently thanks to 72bluNblu... So Im not sure if offest changes the deep dish look and if wheel spacers are safe for my car... Essentially the deepest, largest, widest wheel size without modifying my suspension or mini tubbing is what im looking to get.

73AbodEE- LOL... Believe it or not, I get confused with offest, and spacers etc... and honestly, I was hoping to take the easy way out this time and get advice from an experienced member...

See, my ultimate goal is to get a deep dish look and as large as possible, which I believe is 18x9 apparently thanks to 72bluNblu... So Im not sure if offest changes the deep dish look and if wheel spacers are safe for my car... Essentially the deepest, largest, widest wheel size without modifying my suspension or mini tubbing is what im looking to get.

That's pretty much the setup I've got with my '68 Dart. Stock width A-body 8 3/4, stock location spring perches, Dr Diff bbp axles, Dr Diff 11.7" disc brake, 18 x 9" wheels with +22mm offset, 5mm spacer, 255/40/18 tires, Hotchkis leaf springs (1" drop). The wheel offset is perfect enough to leave maybe a 1/4" between the leaf springs and the fender each. Will it rub, I haven't figured that out yet, but we'll see in the next week or two. You're not fitting anything wider than a 9" wide wheel under the back without getting into some minor/major surgery. The only way you're getting a "deep dish" look is if you cut your housing width down.

For the fronts I'm running the same wheel width and tire size but with a +32mm offset. I was planning on running a 5mm spacer as well, but I was worried that the tire would hit the upper fender brace so I'm still unsure. I don't know how big an issue this is as my driver's side brace sheared off sometime in its life.

For the 273 that's in there now, 255's should handle with no problem. When more power starts getting involved, I may have to start doing some mods.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but this is what I've got going on.

Attachments

• Wheel Test Fit Rear.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Car 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Car 4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Car 5.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 191
  • Car 6.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 188
1/4" clearance? Yeah it's going to rub, for certain. Stuff moves around a lot more than that.

-
Back