Wheel offset A body car b body rear

-

bill vaughn

Reaction score
I have a 67 dart gt I put a rear from a 67 coronet rt put In New springs moved the spring perches a half inch at 1 time I read on this website this was possible I think it said the wheel offset should b 5 and a half inches but im not shure has anyone done this and do you know what the offset is just have to order my back wheels and tires and I'm driving thank you for any help you might give

i know when you do this with a duster or barracuda, if you use a 8 inch wide rim you use a 5.5 backing space. i do not know about darts

You must have clicked on the thumbs down by accident. Its an option when you start a thread.

guys here are using B body rears so they can use the 17" mustang rims with 5.72 backspace without having to use spacers. the 5.72" bs wheel fits in the wheel well dead nuts centered, so a 5.50" bs wheel would likely fit very nicely.

guys here are using B body rears so they can use the 17" mustang rims with 5.72 backspace without having to use spacers. the 5.72" bs wheel fits in the wheel well dead nuts centered, so a 5.50" bs wheel would likely fit very nicely.

I don't know anything about using 17" Mustang rims, but I always liked using B-body rears in Dart Sports and Dusters because you can get them a lot cheaper than an A-body 8 3/4. I was able to shove 10" wide rims w/ 6.5" backspacing just by installing the 3/4" spring relocation kit. No tubbing required.

I don't know anything about using 17" Mustang rims, but I always liked using B-body rears in Dart Sports and Dusters because you can get them a lot cheaper than an A-body 8 3/4. I was able to shove 10" wide rims w/ 6.5" backspacing just by installing the 3/4" spring relocation kit. No tubbing required.

How was your fender clearance? Were the fenders rolled?

-
Back