Wheel offset for 68 valaint 2 door post with spring relocation

-

Biff

Cheep not easy
Reaction score
Hey lady's and gentlemen I am curantly in the middle of a mini tub and spring relocate on my Valaint , wanted this body style since I was a kid ! Finally talked some one out of there's , any ideas of rear tire size and rim off set I can squeeze in there it will be a driver but of course it's gonna get raced got big plans for it , any help would be appreciated thanx .

3 inch spring relocation and mini tub you should be able to fit a 12" wheel and a 325 tire....offset depends on what you do with the rear end.

Great I have a Dana 60 lined up for it , Colin at rear ends only in Burnaby is gonna hook me up he will make it stock a body width for me .

Gosh. If you're going to cut the Dana to fit, your choices in wheels should be huge. My measurements on my 72 Dart showed there was 11" in there without the mini tub, some parts are 12". Install the mini tubs, measure, find tire and wheel you like, make the Dana fit the wheels. No?

Pick the wheels and tires first and size the rear axle to fit.

A-body width rears with a mini-tub and 3" relocation usually need custom offset wheels to max out the tire size. If you can pick the rear end width still, make that fit the wheels you want.

Ok soooo now the dumb questions can start ,how do you measure the off set , is there a tool ,strait tape measure......?????

Offset isn't that easy to measure. It's the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting surface.
18x9offsetspecs.jpg

Backspace is easier to measure, that's the distance from the outside lip of the rim to the mounting surface. Backspace you can measure with a straight edge and a tape measure. Then you have to do some math to get the offset. Or use a calculator.

I use this Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

It also makes it super easy to compare wheel/tire combinations. So, if you have a set up you know fits, you can compare what you want to run to that. If you know the maximum tire widths for a certain car and suspension/brake set up, you can check to see if your combo will fit. But a lot goes into that, different axles, different brakes, different body styles, factory tolerances, ride height etc. Some of it you can correct for, like a different width axle, some of it you just have to allow a little wiggle room for, like factory body tolerances.

-
Back