wheel opinions on new wheels for dodge ram?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
ok so i got an 02 Ram 1500 with a 4.7 magnum v8. its dark green with the 6.5 foot shortbed. really good shape, no rust at all runs and shifts fine. I wanna set it apart from other trucks, so i was thinking wheels but I have no idea what to go with. any ideas? im open to any wheel under 150 a piece. I was thinkin about puttin on some newer style ram wheels like for an 05 just the big 20" chrome wheels but they are over 1000 a set.

heres a truck that looks identical to mine
gendergap0138.1-lg.jpg

i hear yea on that... Im just not feelin the stock wheel. They just plain dont look good on the truck. Im not looking to donk it out either, Just something that looks decent, not dumb - no bigger than 17's

I put these on not long after I bought the truck. I gave $1100 for the 22" wheels and tires all brand new. But I have a friend and got them for cost.

20090207 006.jpg

20090207 008.jpg

Yeah list price was $3900 if I didnt get them so cheap I would be rollin on my factory 20's

And it's great when the Ram's roll on 20s or bigger. Until you price tires. I loved it when a Ram owner used to come into the shop with a flat repair. A lot of times the tire would be junk, but the guy couldn't afford a new one, let alone 2 or 4.

The 20 inch rims are expensive enough without tires... i was thinkin 17's maybe something like this? any opinions?
aew-1378-7850_w.jpg

17 x 8 with the right backspacing i believe

Not bad. And in this time period 17s are prevalent enough across the board where they can be shod inexpensively enough.

I dont have pics but i have a 04 2500 4x4 quad. Im running 17x9 mickey thompson locks with a 33 1250 cooper st (not a stt) They look good imo and get compliments. Only thing is 33s look small (or stock) so im looking for different 35s next time since cooper discontinued the st.

-
Back