Wheel size for A-Body Dodge Demon

-

Joshes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this is a rather lame question. Unfortunately I do not have info on the wheels size of Dodge Demon.

I just want to make sure that the holes size is 5 x 4.5inch.

Also, if anyone had fitted 17 incher to this car - what should I be aware of (apart from the price) :lol: i.e. offset, spcers requirements etc.

Thank you all,
Josh

Your bolt pattern is probably 4" (not 4.5") unless you have an 8.25 or a modified 8 3/4 that has been switched to the large bolt pattern. As for the 17s, yes, you can run them. It is just a matter of width and backspacing that you need to pay attention to. I don't know if you were asking about space requirements or actual spacers. If spacers, stay away from them.

Hi GTXperience,

My car is a standard (no modification has been done whatsoever) so if I'm not mistaken means that it is a 4" pattern.

When you said "j..ust a matter of width and backspacing that you need to pay attention to" what is the max width I can get the 17 incher in to this car, for rear and front?

Thanks man!

I will leave suggestions re: exact sizes up those who have gone through this all ready but with that bodystyle, you can get some good sized wheels and tires under there (maybe even a 10" rim with the correct backspacing. Then there are considerations like using offset shackles to just get a little bit more room or relocating the springs inboard. It depends how far you want to go with it. The fronts also depend on what kind of ride height you will be running but overall the fronts are generally a lot easier to figure out (size-wise). You just want to make sure that you have enough room to turn your wheel/tire combination each way without rubbing (also taking into consideration suspension travel). Good luck.

Here is 17inch wheels on the rear of my 65.i am about a quarter inch from my leaf springs and over an inch of space to the outer fender.

CIMG4315.jpg

Wow,that looks good.
Do you still have the small bolt pattern?
What kind of rims are those?

Yeah! That's pretty cool set up. What suspension modifications you did? Care to share with us?

Thanks!

-
Back