wheel size

-
5X100mm is NOT nor will it ever be a proper replacement for 5X4". You are looking for 5X4" it must be that and only that size. If it says it fits 5X100 you do not want it on your car. People will chime in and say it is fine. They are wrong and they are idiots.

The result is the stud will NOT be centered in the rim so that when you tighten them it will flex the studs sideways. The rims will NOT have the proper center register sizing so the studs will be taking loads they are not designed to carry. As designed the lug nuts/studs of an automobile do not support the weight of the car, the hub does.

I have bolted 5X100 onto a 5X4" car and the problems are visible to someone that pays attention. The right rims are available if you look and ask and are willing to spend the money for quality instead of cheap catalog BS. Sorry if my response sounds harsh but this has been covered before and people like to give misinformation on this topic.

No, not harsh at all. Don't ask if you don't want to know right? I appreciate it. I just noticed that a lot of wheels don't specify inch, just metric . I am looking for adapters to go up to BBP. Thanks. If it doesn't say 5x4 I'll pass.

101.6 is the mathematical rounded up equivalent of 4.0 in. 4.0 divided by .0393701 =101.59994.

.0393701 is one of magic numbers (if you will) to convert metric to inches. Used in it's long form, it is quite accurate. it usually gets rounded up to .04, as an example a 7mm- Remington is .280 cal in inches (.04x7=.280) (.0393701x7=.2755907)

So a 4.0 bolt pattern would be 1.6 mm wider than a 100mm bolt pattern. which will put a little stress on the studs.

barracudadave67

Hey instead of bad adapters, just redrill what you have. I too have old adapters back in the box after being installed.

-
Back