Wheel Spacers

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Hey guys. The Stockton TQ2 wheels are rubbing against the disc brake caliper. I don't want to shave either one. Any problems with using a 5mm wheel spacer on my front wheels? They are made to fit 100mm (3.9 in) and up bolt pattern. Any real safety concerns. My thought is no but thought I'd ask.

Dave

When I was young & stupid I put a set of spacers through more hell than they deserved & never had a problem. Looking back on it I wonder why I wasn't killed. I launched the car for about 30 to 40 feet on a few occasions & I don't know why things never failed, but they didn't. As to whether they're a good idea or not, I'd say no, but my own experience says otherwise.

As long as you still have enough thread on your studs. I ran them on my car that had the same problem, the thing I noted was the spacer is made for several patterns so It does not centre it's self, so I taped it in a centered position then bolted the wheel on. I know race tracks don't like spacers and they probably arn't the best thing, but you don't have a lot of choice. On my car I tried the rims and originally they cleared, but when I put new front brake pads on that's when I ran into trouble. I ended up trading those wheels for a block and now I have Foose wheels on order.

I would do whatever you have to do to avoid running a spacer of any thickness (even on the front) of any high performance car. That`s just my humble opinion. How`s that vert coming along Dave?

I figured that 5mm is so minute that it shouldn't really hurt anything. Yes, I am kinda out of options since I will not get new wheels. Thanks

I would do whatever you have to do to avoid running a spacer of any thickness (even on the front) of any high performance car. That`s just my humble opinion. How`s that vert coming along Dave?

Pretty good. She's on all four corners. Engine is in. Wiring is almost done. Could have the dash and heater box in tomorrow. I think I might be able to crank her up next week if all goes well.

-
Back