Wheel Spacers :/

-

ckj688

Reaction score
What I'm wondering is, are universal wheel spacers okay to use?

For example:

wheelSpacers.jpg

I've heard on guy tell me that there not okay to use because the hub is used to center the wheel (which in my case it's not, the wheel studs do...if I went with a design like the bottom left, couldn't I just throw something temporary to center it on the rotor and wheel studs?

What wheels spacers have any of you gone with?

Thanks!
Craig

Craig, The acorn style nuts will center the wheel on the lugs once tight. As for the flat washer style spacer, the thinner the better. The problem is that once you move the wheel out too far on the studs it can break them due to increased lateral leverage.
I'd go with a set of bolt on's like these:
http://www.jeeperz-creeperz.com/wheel-spacers-bolt-pattern-p-92756.html

I know that wheel spacers are not the best choice, and I know a few people that run them. Don't run alot of HP thru them and check your lugs often enough to make sure they stay tight.

The thickest I'm going is 1/2", is that alright? I have 5/16" flat washer style now just so the tires can clear hitting the leafs but if I see any problems with that (tires rubbing) then I'll go thicker.

I have 4 wheel spacers that were on my car when I bought it. Would like to get rid of them! I will have to look to see how thick they are though. Jared

if they look like these then I'm interested, I'd feel safer having a direct fit then universals

bae-2000001_w.jpg

Here are some pictures of the spacers. They are 7/16 thick. Let me know if you want them even though they are universal! thanks Jared

-
Back