Wheel spin

-
What is the best combo/adjustments to get the most traction at the rear tires for a launch. Right now I have hotchkis adjustable shock in the rear and non adjustable up front. The hotchkis sway bars front and rear. Soon will be getting the hotchkis leaf springs. This my first front engine rear wheel drive car all my other cars have been awd.

If I was trying to hook this car up, I'd move the battery to the trunk first then do what ever your going to do withthe rear springs.
I'd make sure the pinion angle is correct, add a pinion snubber set correctly meaning down for autocross, up for drag, then play with the rear shock adjustment.
I put adjustable shocks on the front and loosen them all the way for max rise
for drag racing.
Buy and install the biggest tire that will fit front and rear then see how it acts.
If you plan to drag race it from time to time, buy an extra set of rears in a
drag compound and change them out.
The sway bars shouldn't have much effect in a straight line, if you feel they
do unhook them and see.
What size torsion bars are you running?

Last edited:
Those are decent shocks. That much hp should be really easy to hook up. You just have tiny low profile tires right now which is most likely the source of your issue.

If I was trying to hook this car up, I'd move the battery to the trunk first then do what ever your going to do withthe rear springs.
I'd make sure the pinion angle is correct, add a pinion snubber set correctly meaning down for autocross, up for drag, then play with the rear shock adjustment.

I'd move the battery to the trunk no matter what. That mod is just a win win all the way around.

Just keep in mind the snubber won't help you on the street but it can be a useful tool.

I put adjustable shocks on the front and loosen them all the way for max rise
for drag racing.
Buy and install the biggest tire that will fit front and rear then see how it acts.
If you plan to drag race it from time to time, buy an extra set of rears in a
drag compound and change them out.
The sway bars shouldn't have much effect in a straight line, if you feel they
do unhook them and see.
What size torsion bars are you running?
Battery is already in the trunk.I'll look at picking up a pinion snubber. Not sure what size the torsion bar is.

sticky widest tire you can fit. Move the springs inboard 1/2, like with Dr Diff kit. Get the Espo springs, stock or 1 inch under. I have the Hotchkis bars and Fox shocks and with the 275/50-15 Nittos, it holds up pretty good on launch, and I'm much higher HP.

-
Back