Wheel Stud Info

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my wheel studs over to all right hand threads. Either staying with 7/16" or upgrading to 1/2". Can somebody give me some info as to what I need to buy? I need to know knurl info or whatever it would take to go and buy them. I've tried looking on some of the websites for places like Autozone but it always seems like they list of a bunch of different studs & say everything fits my application. I've got a stock 71 Demon SBP 8 3/4" with original 10" brakes in the rear & KH SBP Discs from an early 70s A Body (I don't remember exactly what, but I bought them from dazedduster) for the front.

Not sure I can help other than to clarify.
You have ½ studs on the front disk?
I’ve got gobs of ½ studs from parting out cars and junkyards.
What abut a junkyard for ½ studs?
Some one must know what size to make the holes for them.
It's a interferance fit anyway.

I just checked & the studs are 7/16" both front & back, & the fronts are all right thread. When buying any type of custom wheel it seems not very many places sell the left hand lug nuts, but sets are available in both 1/2" & 7/16" in all right hand threads. The cheap way would be to swap in some used 7/16" right hand stuff in place of the left hand studs on the rear, but I thought the 1/2" might be a bit stronger & a good upgrade. As far as junkyards, it's 50 miles to a decent sized town & hardly seems worth the gas & effort. Although I could spend all day wondering through a junkyard if they'd let me, I usually have the family with me when I'm near a good one & they just don't get it. :dontknow: I might try looking through the stuff of the local guy that sells cars for scrap. I almost tripped over a complete 8 3/4 with 3.91s there couple of weeks ago. He says it's already spoken for or I woulda' grabbed it. Hafta' wait for things to dry out a bit before I go back. It rained over 4" last week & it's a HUGE mudhole. :happy7:

:burnout:

South Dakota?
I see your predicament.
On a positive note, all Chryslers that I have got studs from are the same.
Doesn't matter which rear (or front disk) it comes out of.

-
Back