wheel width ?

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
reasonably,, how wide a rim can be ran on a 68 Barracuda,,
found a set of what I believe to be slotted factory steel Dodge truck wheels,
15 X 7 maybe 8 wide,,

I like the width for potential road race applications, after tires are wrapped around them would they fit?

thanks

thanks, good info.

I had previously seen the chart on how to measure hole patterns and was in the process of re-locating it when I found your response.

thanks, good info.

I had previously seen the chart on how to measure hole patterns and was in the process of re-locating it when I found your response.

I currently have 15X6 on the front 215 65 15's that will rub a bit on a very big bump but turn just fine. I have 15X8 with 245 60 15's on the rear that don't rub anywhere. Backspacing is also very important.

Don't forget the bolt pattern. If your 68 Barracuda is stock it will have the small bolt pattern & the truck wheels won't work.

I was thinking the 8 would be a problem on the front,, thanks for firming that up.

there are matching wheels that are 7 inches wide,, but they are fairly rare,,
these are 4.5 inch bolt pattern

the bolt pattern on the car now is the 4 inch, drums front and rear, I was thinking there is a 4.5 inch pattern disk set available for the front,, and when changing the rear diff from a 7.25 to and 8.25 that also would be the 4.5 inch pattern..
do I have this right?

thanks

You're correct about the bolt pattern. There are disks for the front that are large bolt pattern & an 8 1/4" rear should have the large bolt pattern also.

-
Back