Wheels for the road

-

02sixxer

Reaction score
So I have Weld Draglite rims with slicks for the track. The rears are 15x8 and the fronts are 15x4 fronts.

I am going to buy some steel wheels, Cragar Black Soft 8's, for the road. But I think I may have a problem. I have a 74 Duster that has been set up for the track. It has a BB 383 with Fender Well headers. My worry is that the tires will rub the headers. I cant measure the distance because I pulled the engine and the headers are not there. But I planned on getting the wheels and tires befor I get the car back from the paint shop.

I was going to order 17x9 for the rear, with a 5" Backspace, I have a ford 9" rear and the rims now are 10's and the front I was going to get 15x7.

I plan on running a Nitto low-profile tire. Ther rears will be a 205/50 R- 15 which is a 23x8.5 and the rears I was plannin on 255/45 R-17 which is a 26x10 inch tire.

Does anyone have fender well headers and if so what size tires are you running? I know my headers my not be bent the same but just curious? My headers are tight ar=gainst the wall but I am still worried.

Also give opinions on how you think this tire combo will look on a Viper GTS Blue Pearl 74 Duster with a Viper Black hood with a 6 pack hood. The rear is already about a inch or two taller due to the traction bars.

Cant wait to get it on the road. I am stoked. Partially rebuilding the engine right now.

-
Back