wheels/tires 75 dstr

-

Joe334

Reaction score
Hey guys, had a coupel questions about some wheels and tires.
I am getting ready to drop a 318 in my 75 duster and i am putting an 8 3/4 rear end in it and i am wanting to get some new wheels and tires to go along with the new motor. I was wondering what you guys would recommend on tire size? I am running stock /6 springs (planning on changing them in the future, but i need these wheels/tires to work with the /6 springs for right now). Can a 15x8 wheel fit on the rear? I have the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. I am thinking of going with either centerline auto drags or weld pro star's, what do you guys think about these 2 wheels?
thanks,
Joe

With 4" backspacing i think you can fit a 275/60/15 on a stock rear end. My Duster looked like it needed a hair of fender lip work with 3.75" BS

I'm running 15x7 Summit "Pro-Star" knockoffs, 4" backspacing and a 275/60/15 tire on my '75 Dart Sport. I have less than 1/2" clearance between the inner tire side and the spring. Clearance between the fender lip and the tire is about the same. I don't see how a 15x8 would have cleared with anything wider than a 255 series tire.

DSC03988.2.JPG

Goody, Would the fender lips actually sit down over the tire without rubbing? My spring clearance is just as tight, but the car sits down over the tire with the 7" rim. BTW, nice article posted on the 318 build. So many people dog a 318, when in reality a good 318 build can smoke a lot of bigger motors. I just laugh, makes it easier to get an extra car length or two. :headbang:

Couple of those pics are of it on the ground. I jounced the suspension as much as i could myself and there were no issues. A hair of rolling the lips would let you sleep easy at night, but it just might clear under normal driving. :D

-
Back