Wheels to wide

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
I got me a 15x8in wheels and i have only about inch and a half of space between the wheel and the leaf spring and I cant afford spacers what tires will fit

that or if you go to your local water jet guy he can make them for 10 bucks a set or so...

could I just get some summit has the are a 5x100mm bolt pattarn with that work and they are .312in this so buy 4 and put two on each wheel

You are asking for trouble w/2 spacers on each wheel, if that is what you are contemplating on doing, not sure. I wouldn't even use 1 spacer per wheel. Think safety my friend.

Sell the wheels you have and buy a set of 15 x 7's w/the correct backspacing.

Try using caps and punctuation in your posts.

well after i get a space what would be a good tire size looking for one that is 25in tall

A 25" tall tire is pretty short for the rear. IMO a least a 26" tall tire should be used. Ideal size for looks would be 27" although nearly imposssible to find. So I run 28" on my cars

If your buying tires a good tire shop should mount one up free of charge for you to check fit. If you really have 1.5" of clearance to leaf spring I don't think you'll need any spacers. You should be able to run any tire that has a 10" section width or less.

The first tire I would try is a 255-60-15 and see if that fits. Make sure you try both sides as it's not uncommon to have 1/4 difference clearance on each side. That tire would look great if it fits. (It will be a tight fit) This tire has a 10.2" section width. I would be looking for at least 3/16" but prefer a 1/4" clearance off the leaf spring or the leaf spring clamp to the tire for a safe clearance after mounting on car.

A 245-60-15 tire would be my second choice and should be less than a 10" section width. I'm almost certian it will fit based on your 1.5" measurement to leaf spring with no spacer.

A 235-60-15 would be my third choice no spacer should be required but will look a little narrow on a 8" rim.

Spacers themself don't scare me if they are solid material with no ribs or voids in them up to 1/2" but you need to check the lug studs are long enough to have good thread engagement with the lug nuts. I have run them without issue. However like new wheels you just need to retorque them after a few miles after install.

Becuse it looks close I have a 27in tall tire that I want to mount and test but dont want to wast the money and it not fit I am not sure its free.

Well I have a 15x8 rally wheel with 4-5/8'' backspacing with just the rim on I have about 1in and a half of space will I have space for a tire

-
Back