Wheels

-

65dartman

Reaction score
Gents,

I can't decide what wheel to put on my 65 Dart. I'll be converting to big bolt pattern soon so I'll need new wheels. I am thinking either Magnum 500's or Keystone classics. My car is white, so I need a wheel with some color in it. Any pics and suggestions of other wheels to look at would be great. :drinkers:

with the large bolt pattern you can go to
"Cop Car" wheels, and paint them any color.

I always thought they looked neat.

The bottom set, is how I would do them,
with a trim ring, and small hub caps, and the rims painted the
color of your choice. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-15...ryZ43955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

81_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...ryZ43955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

e6f0_12.JPG

f167_12.JPG

Love mine. No longer made in the SBP. Stockton TQ2. 15X7 would be great. Could get rear 235/60/15 or 215/70/15 back there with stock springs. I'm having my rear 15x5.5s widened to 7" The backspace is 4.5"

Thanks guy's, keep the idea's comming. Nothings floatin my boat yet. I almost bought a set of Foose Nitrous (Gray) (15X7) on e-bay. screamin price, I believe do to the fact they no longer make that wheel in a 15". :headbang:

Here is a shot of my 65 Dart.

Powder coated 14"x4.5" Mopar steel wheels with 205/70-14 radials.

Chrome lug nuts,no hubcaps,down & dirty. :evil2:

081_81.JPG

I like the Torque thrust M, but they only come in huge sizes. Hey Johnny, that's a cool lookin 65!

Johnny Dart said:
Here is a shot of my 65 Dart.

Powder coated 14"x4.5" Mopar steel wheels with 205/70-14 radials.

Chrome lug nuts,no hubcaps,down & dirty. :evil2:

Killer looking.

Lee

Ford cars like Crown Vic use the "Mopar large bolt pattern",
so does the Ford Ranger pickup,
and so do some Jeeps, as well as old Dodge Diplomats,
etc.....

I just scored 2, 15x7 Jeep rims from the local tire store,
for Free, they bolted on perfect onto my G/F ranger pickup,
as soon as I took off the Jeep center caps, which were held on
by 3, 5/16 head bolts. 4.5 inch bolt pattern. ;)

Check your local tire store, for Take off rims,
sometimes you get lucky.

I have seen some really neat Wheel covers at the swap meets,
over the years. I am using some 1970 Cuda wheel covers.

2e04.jpg

Nice, I like the bummper gards. More pictures guys. I almost wish we could start an early A thread with nothing but pictures.

Lee

The Keystones look sweet! I was leaning towrds those to begin with because I had them on my other 65 back in high school. But that pick of them on a white car sealed the deal! I do agree with Lee, we should get a post going with pics of early A's. :salute:

Nice looking wheels. I'll be looking for something different for my 66 Dart in the spring..............after the dual exhaust and 4v. :)

I love the look of the Outlaws and the Keystones and the steel with chrome nuts. I have ralleys on mine but only because they're small bolt pattern and I got them cheap. I'd love to go with Outlaws one day or maybe the steel painted black with chrome lugs.

tintedcuda.jpg

Here is a pic of my 65 Cuda wearing some front wheel drive rims off the wife's Avenger. They are 16 X 7, 4.5 back space (40mm offset), with 225 50.16's. To my surprise they fit with no rubbing on the front or back. I have moved my spring in, but stock wheel wells. On the front lock to lock they clear everything, even the front sway bar I added. 2 Close spots are the upper ball joint to the rim is only 1/4 of an inch at the closest spot through the complete movement of the wheel, and about 7/16 of an inch from the sway bar when steering is turned max.

cuda161.JPG

cuda162.JPG

-
Back