when did you 1st ?

-
I was 19 or 20. I had a 68 Galaxie Convert and was looking for a winter car. I bought a 70 Duster. It had a transplanted 273 and 4 speed. They did a good job it had an 8-3/4 and 10" drums all around. Then I got a 73 Scamp and on and on and on. Now 25 years later I am the worst Mopar Maniac around!
I still admit to being a closet Ford guy. I have a few 8N Ford Tractors. And 1 of my 2 Stock Cars is a ford. Its fun blowing past 350 Camaros in a Crown Vic with a puny little 302.

I to had a Dad that owned a 64 valiant. First car i learnt to drive, slant 6, 3 on the tree. I spent hours just sitting behind the wheel pretending i was racing it. I have been a Mopar guy ever since. Bought a b-body 66 coronet when i was 16. (still have her) Racing my 67 Barracuda now so on tuesday i have a flight booked to go to a RB auction sale where a 69 barracuda is on the auction. Wish me luck id love to own another a-body.

I got out of the Navy in 1967 and ordered a 1968 210 Dart with a 318 and 4-speed. Paid my $2500 and had a lot of fun for about 9 months then traded it for a new 69 Dart Gt with a 318. Had a family then so started to slow down. Now i have a 68 Dart Gt.

Learned to drive with my Dad's '66 Chrysler Windsor,then in '74 a buddy of mine bought a '69 340 swinger,cruised up and down the main drag all night,many nights. I was hooked,no way out,lol

Back in 1980, I was 15 years old, looking for my 1st car. I was looking at E-body 'Cudas, my dad came home from work one morning & told me that a co-worker had an old Barracuda for sale, so we went to look at it the very next weekend. I fell in love with it, hashed out a deal with him, paid him the agreed price, $500.00 (money I saved from my paper route) & we took it home.Fast forward 31 years & I still have my 1st A-body, I'm sure that I will never part with her! (see my Avatar- that's her!)

-
Back