When to decide to part out...

-

DusterDale

Reaction score
FABO I have a great looking sister car that came with my 1971 Duster. She is a 1974 Dart Sport. I'm not too sure what to do with her. Sold the Dual Snorkel scoop this week (Yes It has a Factory Dual Snorkel so that informative thread might want to talk with me because this 74 has a factory not added scoop). Regardless at what point do you folks find it beneficial to part out versus trying to sell it as a rolling chassis? It's not a money thing more like a trying to sell or drag it to swap meets thing.

New to all of this,
Dale

I would hack it to pieces regardless because I cannot stand Dart Sports.

Lets all talk this through a bit hahaa Step away from the cutting torch! I've never parted a car out before!

Is it a factory 340/360 car with a title?

What's the condition of the body in the usual A body pain point areas?

Pics would sure help.

Depends on how solid the sheet metal is and how rare. It probable was a 360 car if it had the hood scoop installed from the factory. If you have the title and it's solid, I'd sell it as a roller. I had a '75 Dart Sport and wished I hadn't sold it.

I had a '74 Dart Sport and a '76 Dart Sport. I do like the Duster front end better, but I didn't mind the Dart Sport either.... beak beak... LOL. The '74 came with a 225, put in a 318..... then a 340..... then a 360...
Had a lot of fun with them both.

Why not list it on here in the for sale section with pictures and sale the the whole thing at once? With or without a title someone wants it.

-
Back