Where can I get 65 Valiant 4DR Interior stuff?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I need kick panels, package tray, and trunk divider panel for my 65 Valiant 200 4DR. The kick panels are like colored plywood and they are original. But I don't see them available anywhere. The seats are cloth and vinyl and I will just have an interior shop just come close to matching the pattern. The carpet I can get a lot of places. How much padding did they use on the interior of the 200's? Did they have padding under the package tray and on the trunk divider? I know there was on my 73 Charger but I don't know if they had it on earlier economy cars like the Valiant.

At this point, 4 doors (even A-bodys) are the Rodney Dangerfields of the hobby. They don't get no respect.

Legendary has the trunk divider panel. They also have a package shelf for the hardtop. I'm not sure if there's any difference in the package shelf between the two. The worst you could do is call, ask, and for them to say "it won't fit".

The product that comes closest to the old kick panels is masonite. Most big box home improvement stores have it, but you'll want it plain and not drilled out as peg board. Keep your old kick panels and use them as a pattern.

As best as I can recall from my 66 Darts, there was no padding between the rear package shelf and the metal supporting it. I'm using a layer of fiberglass insulation on the 73.

I think that masonite is the material to use if you decide to build your own package shelf. To my recollection, they were vinyl covered and had two vinyl covered buttons on them.

-
Back