Where did my whatchamacallit go?

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
That piece of the console that slides with the shifter and blocks the hole around it disappeared. What is it called and where might I find it. 66 Barracuda, automatic floor console.

All the little things are starting to eat at me with this new upholstery job. I have no recourse either, they closed up shop and had to use my facilities to finish the job then left town. I have screws in the wrong holes, missing weather stripping etc....

Sorry for whining.

I made one out of an old section of black hot wheels track for Jake's 65.... Cut the sides off the track and it was a near perfect fit... A little more flexible than the original, but works well....

I have a 65 Barracuda an I am not sure that would work. If you look at the underside the floor shifter angled both front and rear of the shifter. Also with the floor shifter it has to be moved left and right and the shifter indicator is right on the shifter. The other thing I see is that there is about 2 inches from the shifter exit and the shifter body. You would need to find something to attach to the shifter to hold it in place. This is all off my experience with a 65 floor shifter.

What I would do is find some plastic brush like you see on an escalator and use the screw from the shift indicator to hold it in place.

I have a 65 Barracuda an I am not sure that would work. If you look at the underside the floor shifter angled both front and rear of the shifter. Also with the floor shifter it has to be moved left and right and the shifter indicator is right on the shifter. The other thing I see is that there is about 2 inches from the shifter exit and the shifter body. You would need to find something to attach to the shifter to hold it in place. This is all off my experience with a 65 floor shifter.

What I would do is find some plastic brush like you see on an escalator and use the screw from the shift indicator to hold it in place.

1965 and 1966 Barracudas have different consoles. The 1966 console is like the 1967 up.

You get an "A" for effort though Sally.

Thanks for the ebay links Okla. I would imagine the B and A consoles are identical in this area.

Suppose I will take the console out and see if mine is still down in there somewhere.

it probably broke in half at the points where the shifter goes through- that's usually what happens to them.

....mine is a piece of an ice cream pail painted flat black lol.

I made mine out of a black plastic 3-ring notebook divider....Old school LOL

I got it right here......MMMMMMMMMMM....Whatchamacallit :D

Attachments

• whatchamacallit.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 109
I made one out of the back panel from a Black Castrol 20w50 5 quart jug. Flexible, and worked fine.

-
Back