Where do I find the push fasteners for sail panels?

-

DrCharles

Reaction score
'72 Swinger, sail panels... each is held to the body by two nylon push fasteners. The fastener has a "two-step" head, and the upper part has a notch so it can be rotated into the panel boss and retain it.
A look on ebay showed over 9,000 entries for plastic push fasteners! Can someone please tell me what the correct name is for these pins, and where to get them?

1104181403-00.jpg

napa !!!!!!!! they have"Fastener board" for almost everything

They appear to be "Panel Trim Retainers". Lots of them out there, even from the chain auto stores. Will take a look on my next trip to town. (We don't have a NAPA though, and don't think there's one within 40 miles!)

go to there web site and order

Just a little high there :) Many places are charging $14 for shipping! Fortunately Amazon had them for $6.66 plus $2.00 shipping.

I was hoping to get them in my hands but when you live in a rural area where O'Reilly and Autozone are the only options, I spend a lot of time waiting for the mailman or UPS...

Today I discovered that the local auto paint store actually carries them (Auveco #11678). Only $5.76... for a box of 25! :)
Oh well, live and learn ;) I now have a lifetime supply.

-
Back